BAHF C97G project

reedyreed

Nice to be back on the updated & new looking board. Just a little news from the hangar about our C97G Strat project. We got our 20ton crane working & got to put it back in operation again. We moved our 3 spare 4360 engines back inside the hangar & the low timer one we installed at the #3 position on the wing. We also have 4 spare props we are checking out & will install the best one. New used cargo doors & ramps have also been swaped out. We also have done a few gear retractions & our dedicated membership workforce got some good training. Progress is good & now we have the C54 in the hangar also for some well deserved maintenance & inspection to prep for the 2009 airshow season. Keep the mighty Herks going! All the best, JR

JR,

Thanks for the update. If I lived up north, I'd be out at your hanger everyday.

A friend of mine just sent me this web site on the restoration of an ex-Eastern DC-7B at Opa Locka. Lots of before and after shots.

I'm not sure how to insert a hyperlink, so you may have to copy & paste it.

http://picasaweb.google.com/atlanticmodels/EALN836DRestoration#

Don R.

Brings back a lot of memories from my VC-118A days. I was CC, then FM, on 53-3239 for a while at WPAFB when she came to the flight line after the AFLC general got a VC-135 for his bird. Spent a lot of time keeping her clean and polished and still flew the line. Not sure what the differences were between the DC-7 and the DC-6/C-118, but the airframes sure look the same. Can still hear the rumble of the short stacks.