C-130 Prints

Guest Casey

I posted about these prints some time back. Attached are the 4 I have done thus far. These images are 1280x828 (click thumbnails to see.) The originals are 3400x2200 (pint size 17x11") and thus much, much clearer.

These are the same prints I am giving with the premium membership. I plan to add an order page to the site in the future. The price will be $35. I will also do custom for an additional fee based on the added work.

[ATTACH]24[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]25[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]27[/ATTACH]

• 2 weeks later...

Casey,

The Illustrations are great, however you left off the Lockheed Logo on the tail.

I know some of the previous Fat Alberts had the Lockheed Logo but from the pictures I have seen 164783 does not. Am I wrong?

Do it the original black and green.

Once I finish the current talon version, I will make the black and green version.

I got mine of 58-0740 which I flew a lot in the TX ANG. It looks great.

Thanks Casey,

Bob

Glad you like it. I hope the colors were right. If not , let me know and I will redo it.

Hopefully one day the old reliable 0555 in european camo with whiskers and wires but before refuel pods. Thats the way I remember the ol girl before leaving Rhein Main in 87. Too bad the AF is going to further demod her for the Boise ANG.. Wish she would have been put on display before they got to her and make her into a glorified slick.

Engine Mike

Some of use didn't get to fly the MC's, etc. I've got a lot of time on Str8 E's and H's between LRF and EDF, and the JC-130B's, JHC-130H's, HC-130P/N's in the Test Group. Any plans for a Test Group pic? Not sure how much work it would be showing a catch in a B or HC-H, or even showing all the models. Of all the E/H I flew I can't recall a tail number that sticks out in my mind.

Some of us didn't get to fly the MC's, etc. I've got a lot of time on Str8 E's and H's between LRF and EDF, and the JC-130B's, JHC-130H's, HC-130P/N's in the Test Group. Any plans for a Test Group pic? Not sure how much work it would be showing a catch in a B or HC-H, or even showing all the models. Of all the E/H I flew I can't recall a tail number that sticks out in my mind.

My plan is to do the HC P/N next. E's and H's should be a faily easy rework of some of the other prints. I'll have to see what kind of JC catch images I can locate for reference. That sounds like a fun project.

Once all the basic variants are laid out, changing paint, tail numbers, patches, etc should be fairly simple.

I believe that there are a couple images in the Gallery of catches. The one of B model 10962 looks pretty good, and the older one of B model 70527.

Also, able to get squadron patches as well. I've got the 32nd TAS, 16 TATS, and 17th TAS for E's and H's, and of course the 6594 TG.

Edited by SEFEGeorge

• 1 month later...

Hopefully one day the old reliable 0555 in european camo with whiskers and wires but before refuel pods. Thats the way I remember the ol girl before leaving Rhein Main in 87. Too bad the AF is going to further demod her for the Boise ANG.. Wish she would have been put on display before they got to her and make her into a glorified slick.

Engine Mike

Right on Mike! But, I think nickle and the others looked much better black and green.

I'll add my 2 cents to that and add extend the yokes and add fending lines

And a couple guys danglin off a successful Davenport pickup??? actually, that would look cool. ramp open, davit out the back, etc...

Edited by mongo

And a couple guys danglin off a successful Davenport pickup??? actually, that would look cool. ramp open, davit out the back, etc...

Well, I do have 5 live pickups -- I also like the idea of the back end open etc. etc. -- maybe a dude dangling off the lift line :)

Edited by Skip Davenport

Here is the latest update. I have been adding some smaller details but the antenna location is tricky. I don't have any straight on side shots with the gear up to reference. If anyone could provide one or would like to draw me up a sketch with the locations (no names or other details please,) It would be greatly appreciated.

[ATTACH]137[/ATTACH]

Doing a pic of a pick-up may be stretching my talents but I'll give it a try.

I have to look in my pile of stuff but, I doubt I have anything better than what is already posted. I will say that back in the day of the Black and green war machine. they did not have the refuel pods. radome and antennea's varied a bit. and I dont recall square windows in the troop doors. At least not on the Rhein Main birds. Maybe Skips smoke and mirrors PDF file will have some good stuff on it too.

The square windows in the paratroop doors were added with the incorporation of the wing pod refueling system. The six conus airplanes were the first to get the wing pod mod.

Gentlemen,

As a civilian with a passion for 130's, I wouldn't mind an LC-130H, AC-130U, EC-130H.

But, as a civvie, I'm probably dreaming.

Respectfully

Sam.

I plan on eventually doing every major model and variant. My workload will be decreasing as of tomorrow so I should have more time to dedicate to the site and prints.

• 4 weeks later...

I think I am done with the Talon print. Please let me know if you see anything I need to improve before taking it to be printed.

[ATTACH]191[/ATTACH]