Mc-130e

bobdaley

A while back we talked about the MC-130E's and I mentioned a rumor that I heard that at least 4 MC-130E's were going to the 189 AS in Idaho. Supposedly the 189 was BRAC'd.

I just got an e mail today that said 4 stored MC-130E's had been sent to ID.

Can anyone confirm it? is the 189 going to become an SOS or are they just going to haul trash with them?

Thanks

Bob

A while back we talked about the MC-130E's and I mentioned a rumor that I heard that at least 4 MC-130E's were going to the 189 AS in Idaho. Supposedly the 189 was BRAC'd.

I just got an e mail today that said 4 stored MC-130E's had been sent to ID.

Can anyone confirm it? is the 189 going to become an SOS or are they just going to haul trash with them?

Thanks

Bob

Haul trash? You lose a pallet position on a T1...haven't heard anything, Bob, but will put my ear to the ground tomorrow.

It just may be that the equipment mounted in the cargo compartment will be removed or relocated so that the full cargo compartment is available. The T-1 mission equipment will not be required.

Edited by TalonOneTF

It would still be a sad way for a warrior like the Talon to be utilized, but I guess it beats wasting away on the ramp in california.........

Someone needs to come to the senses and keep the Talons operational for their intended mission and smack the bean counters upside the head and let them come to the realization that they are not your run of the mill e-model.

Join in and Be Heard,

Mike

HAd to accomplish an EMI test with it installed for a mod

They had some non-Commando Solo classic birds that were going to do Scout. I was there a few years ago (maybe five?) for a conference...

Figured they'd want to keep some of the "classic" herks around...for various reasons.

Still, short-sighted to demod CT no matter the mission.

Wow, I travled a lot on nickle with the 7th in the early 80's Greece, Sudan, Egypt, Italy, just to name a few. what a shame! I would rather see her retired on static display, Black and Green, whiskers, fending lines the whole bit. now that would be a better way to go.

I was talking to "Der Flame" Flemming last week at a Stray Goose meeting. He has always felt connected to 63-7785. He let out a big groan when he heard that 785 was among the Talon 1's to be de-modified for a Senior Scout program.

572 was the last Talon 1 that I flew on. We were using that airplane for some TF testing at Edwards, but that ended in November 07 when the airplane became overdue for an Iso, and logistics decided not to spend what little money they had on an airplane that was already surplus to requirements for the 919th.

567 was the airplane they used to bring Noreiga out of Panama to the U.S. to stand trial.

555 and 567 were two of the four Talon 1's that were assigned to the 15th SOS at Nha Trang when I was there in 69-70.

If I remember right, we buried a Talon in the outback.

That would be Flame's little incident back in '83, Stuck In The Glue At Ningaloo. Buried 7785 up to the whl wells. Nailed the ldg 1st brick on ctr line, but the dirt rwy wouldn't hold the weight. Took 'em a few days of digging & a heavy equip salvage co to get her out.

Edited by Jeffysan