Mc-130e

bobdaley

• 1 month later...

I read today that the 189 AS at Boise closed. They delivered their 2 C130H's 91-1651 and 52 to the 180AS MO ANG. No mention of the 4 MC-130E? Stored at Boise? Back to Storage at March? Back to 711SOS?

Bob

I got an answer, Flyable storage at Boise!!

Bob

Edited by bobdaley

Mongo,

I think that was 561. Pictures will be good.

Do you also have pictures of the girls at the Florida Bar?

Hey John,

the ones I do have (so far) are posted on the sons of the 7th in FB. I'll post them here too. hopefully this weekend. The Florida bar....... I can neither confirm nor deny any such knowlege of that establishment.

The other John..........

Edited by mongo

From Skip Davenport back on pg 1 of this string: Talon Model -- I got this link for the 7thSOS web site it looks like they also make other Herk models too.

https://www.asianimportsinc.com/prod_info.asp?ID=1344

A word to the wise, think twice before ordering a model airplane from Asian Imports. Although they make a good product, they leave a lot to be desired in straightforward dealing with the customer. They showed me pics of the finished product two weeks ago & it still hasn't shipped. Not only that, they won't tell me when it will ship. All I can get from them is doubletalk. More details when if/when I get the issue resolved.

Edited by Jeffysan
Add text from original post

Last I heard MC-130E was going to stay around until middle of next decade. I think it's officially begin retirement in 2013 to be done by 2015, but all the briefings I'm hearing lately, they're bandying about 2016.

If MC-130J slips at all, T1 retirement will slip as well.

Don't know what 711th will do post-T1 though.

Last I heard MC-130E was going to stay around until middle of next decade. I think it's officially begin retirement in 2013 to be done by 2015, but all the briefings I'm hearing lately, they're bandying about 2016.

If MC-130J slips at all, T1 retirement will slip as well.

Don't know what 711th will do post-T1 though.

Who is most likely to operate with the KC-130Js that AFSOC plans to buy? I don't think Duke Field has adequate space to handle as many Js as are planned, or at least being discussed.

John

The MC-130J is going to replace the MC-130E and MC-130P. However, to my knowledge, there are no current plans for 711th to get MC-130J - when T1 retires, they will not have a plane as I understand it. The 5th is flying little planes (PC-12/U-28) as the schoolhouse & gave up their MC-130Ps.

When I say "replace", I simply mean total number of drogues available, not that any specific unit will fly them...(although it's a safe bet 9th, 17th, 67th will get them eventually)

MC-130J will be at all AFSOC bases (Kadena, Kirtland, Mildenhall, Cannon, & Hurlburt) - none at Duke, AFAIK.

But the whims of AFSOC seem to change weekly, so there's no telling.

The four MC-130Es that were earlier reported to be in "warm storage" at March Field, CA, and are now in storage at Boise, ID----does that mean they are now in "cold storage"?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.....

We also sank one (I think it was 64-0561 or 0566) in kenya, took quite a few days to dig it out.

got a few pics I'll try to post when I get back home.

Photo by Mongo of 64-0561 in Kenya....