Windshields and Windows

SonnyJ

Anyone wanna take a stab at correctly identifing, by name, the C-130 windshields and windows? I attached a diagram to match up to the list below.

Here is the list to use:

Windshields:

FRONT PANEL (L)

SIDE PANEL (L)

AFT PANEL (L)

CLEAR VISION (L)

FORWARD, UPPER (L)

FORWARD, LOWER (L)

CENTER PANEL

FRONT PANEL ®

FORWARD LOWER ®

SIDE PANEL ®

AFT PANEL ®

CLEAR-VISION ®

FORWARD UPPER ®

Windows:

FLIGHT DECK, FORWARD (L)

FLIGHT DECK, AFT (L)

AFT SKYLIGHT (L)

CENTER SKYLIGHT (L)

FORWARD SKYLIGHT (L)

FLIGHT DECK, FORWARD ®

FLIGHT DECK, AFT ®

AFT SKYLIGHT ®

CENTER SKYLIGHT ®

FORWARD SKYLIGHT ®

I have a list but I want to make sure it is correct. Right now the WUC manual, work cards, and the job guide have no direct correlation. We are trying to fix it. Thanks for your input!

Sonny

SonnyJ,

Here is a quick reference sheet that identifys Part Numbers with/without the Integral Seal, and NVG Compatible/Standard. Hope this helps...

John

Edited by TalonOneTF

Hi Sonny,

Will this help?...:)

Regards,

Harold

picture.php?albumid=9&pictureid=50

Anyone wanna take a stab at correctly identifing, by name, the C-130 windshields and windows? I attached a diagram to match up to the list below.

Here is the list to use:

Windshields:

FRONT PANEL (L)

SIDE PANEL (L)

AFT PANEL (L)

CLEAR VISION (L)

FORWARD, UPPER (L)

FORWARD, LOWER (L)

CENTER PANEL

FRONT PANEL ®

FORWARD LOWER ®

SIDE PANEL ®

AFT PANEL ®

CLEAR-VISION ®

FORWARD UPPER ®

Windows:

FLIGHT DECK, FORWARD (L)

FLIGHT DECK, AFT (L)

AFT SKYLIGHT (L)

CENTER SKYLIGHT (L)

FORWARD SKYLIGHT (L)

FLIGHT DECK, FORWARD ®

FLIGHT DECK, AFT ®

AFT SKYLIGHT ®

CENTER SKYLIGHT ®

FORWARD SKYLIGHT ®

I have a list but I want to make sure it is correct. Right now the WUC manual, work cards, and the job guide have no direct correlation. We are trying to fix it. Thanks for your input!

Sonny

• 2 weeks later...

"If there is anything specific in the MX books (Especially the 1C-130A-6 and work cards) that you feel needs to be fixed/tweaked, let me know."

You might already be working this, but it never hurts to be redundant. Get rid of the Standby filter requirement in the HSC work cards. If we are going to be doing them every 90-days, it doesn't make sense to have them as part of multiple scheduled inspections.

Great information and thanks for the help!

If there is anything specific in the MX books (Especially the 1C-130A-6 and work cards) that you feel needs to be fixed/tweaked, let me know.

Sonny

I wish I could get someone to listen to me about the 60 day IFF check. I have been told that it needs to be checked per FAA requirements, due to Mode C altitude and TCAS operation. I have looked in the FAA regs and haven't seen such a requirement.

My argument is that the Mode C is checked on every flight, because it is always on, and incorrect altitude info will be reported to the crew. When that happens, we use the TTU205 to run up the altitude and check the alticoder info. Mode C problems don't occur very often at all.

That 60 day check is totally unnecessary and it borders the idiotic fence line. I brought this up at the -6 conference last year, but it fell on deaf ears.

Now, since they wrote the test procedure for the new TS4530 Transponder, the TTU205 must be hooked up when performing an IFF check. We can get around that by doing an IFF self test, but that never should have been put in the book that way. They rarely talk to any knowledgeable maintenance people before making changes like that.

Thanks Tiny for the info. I just did a quick look thru CFR 14 and TSO 119b with no luck either. I came across this in the JG; can you fill me in on what this is referring to:

15-1-4, Step 33 Note: Testing the transponder at 1,000, 4,100, 15,700, and 31,000 feet will cycle the bit on each of the discrete altitude wires between the altimeter-encoder and the transponder.

So far, besides checking to make sure the altitudes match between the Pilot, Copilot, and the TS-4530 I don't see anything else as to why you need the TTU-205 tester.

As with any piece of electronic equipment (with a few exceptions) that exhibits random failure characteristics, you aren't really getting anything when you do an ops check. What you have to look at here is how evident a failure of the altitude system to the operator/maintainer is. From what I gather is that as soon as you become airborne (ATC On) you are broadcasting TCAS data to ATC. The different altitudes will be evident to the aircrew and ATC. Does the BIT check address the altitude part of Mode C/TCAS?

Can you send me specifice information like P/N, NSN, WUC, and any other detailed info and I will see what we can do with it. No guarantees but be will have the SMEs and engineers here and we will be able to beat it to fit and paint it to match...

Email me at [email protected]

Sonny