Mc-130p asip

damnpoor

How is the ASIP program being run for the MC-130P? In the -6 the sections for MC-E and MC-P are "reserved". Where is the Air Force getting data for these planes? I was thinking they could just be using data from all the other herks to track trends across the entire fleet including MC-Ps. Anyone know how it works for sure?

How is the ASIP program being run for the MC-130P? In the -6 the sections for MC-E and MC-P are "reserved". Where is the Air Force getting data for these planes? I was thinking they could just be using data from all the other herks to track trends across the entire fleet including MC-Ps. Anyone know how it works for sure?

The data for these aircraft are being tracked in AIRCAT and recieve the data from the worksheets the FE fills out after each flight. The reason you don't see any special ASIP inspections in the 130A-6 is that there have been no specific recurring ASIP inspections required. This is not saying there haven't been any ASIP issues but these were handled by inspection TCTOs. 90%+ of recurring 130A-6 ASIP inspections are for MDSs with standard CWB (MCH, MCW, ACU and slicks). Both the MCP and MCE, as well as ACH, aircraft have the SOF Center wing (Lockheed calls Extended Service Life-ESL Center Wing). To date, the service life of the SOF CWB is 80000+ EBH. What the "+" will is still TBD, engineering re-evaluation is in-progress on what the final EBH will be on SOF CWB.

Both of the MCP and MCE will be replaced in SOF by the MCJ which will be delivered with the ESL CWB (yes..lockheeds name for SOF CWB, just think cha-ching!). The last time I checked, I believe most of the MCPs and MCEs were all in the 30Ks for EBH.

Lots of ASIP info out there, hope this helps.

Good stuff, thanks for the info. I know very little about the ASIP program, only that it never comes up for us despite flying '66 airframes. I thought the center wing box might have had something to do with it. Now I know. Our MCPs are all somewhere close to 22,000 hours.