Clark

donwon

When I was at clark They started building a new Gate.

From where we stayed in the Trasit Chicken Coops, I remember haveing to ride to the main gate. On the way we passed the construction of another gate.

I heard later the Philipones had built the gate and stole a Fire Truck

and drove it out that gate.

Donwan, I remember that story well. It is true that the Philppinos did steal a fire truck and drove it right out the main gate. It was in the mid 60s. It was located at some near by town but all id marks and serial numbers had been removed and the US officials could not prove that it was an AF vehicle.....posession is 9/10s of the law???

Muff

OBTW I could not fly within 10000 feet of the PI and not get arroused.

donwan, i remember that story well. It is true that the philppinos did steal a fire truck and drove it right out the main gate. It was in the mid 60s. It was located at some near by town but all id marks and serial numbers had been removed and the us officials could not prove that it was an af vehicle.....posession is 9/10s of the law???

Muff

obtw i could not fly within 10000 feet of the pi and not get arroused.

NOW, THAT's FUNNY !!!!! Good one Muff

Edited by Mt.crewchief
Capitalization!!!

OBTW...the AF fire truck and the Fire Empire are in no way connected!

Muff,

Aaah, the Fire Empire!!! Remember taking new guys there for a beer & watching the look on their faces as something was going on under the table? Sorry, I can't go into more detail, this is a family oriented board.

After going out the gate, didn't you have to turn left on MacArthur Highway to get there?

Don R.

That web site brings back some youthful memories I was at Clark early 68 TDY from Sewart I had a good friend Sgt. Allen Shenfield who was stationed there for about a year so he knew the ropes where to go and not go we had alot of good times in town. Housed in the jungle survival school huts could have been worst

Edited by EClark

• 1 month later...

When I was at clark They started building a new Gate.

From where we stayed in the Trasit Chicken Coops, I remember haveing to ride to the main gate. On the way we passed the construction of another gate.

I heard later the Philipones had built the gate and stole a Fire Truck

and drove it out that gate.

OMG!!! the tale of the fire truck lives on!!

I was at Clark in the mid-60's. It did happen, the fire truck. They pushed it out of the fire station up by the hospital, let it rool down the hill before starting it and drove it out the old gate, lights, siren and all. The A. P. 's cleared the gate and waved them through.

They also tried to steal a C-47, and I saw that. The left inboard engine shut down during taxi and it swerved off the taxiway into a dirt bank.

Does anyone remember the NCO club being robbed, mid-60's. Took the payroll money the night before payday. Shot up the building and parking lot. I think they got completly away. I heard some former airmen were involved.

I remember hearing about it after I was back in the states.

I had thought it was the Airmans Club.

• 2 months later...