C130 Blueprints

ThomasJohansson

Blueprints like you are looking for don't really exist. The drawings that comprise the building of the C130 are fundamentally in complete disarray, as far as I am concerned. There are no overall dimensional drawings except for what is in the front of most of our books.

Any drawings that show outside structure may have a contour drawing cited. These contour drawings are the work of the devil. Maybe they did it this way to keep the Russians from building their own C130s.

• 2 weeks later...

Tiny I love your replies and note that they are very valid and sound....but

you are wrong about plans for a RC C-130 model do not exist.

Six years ago I saw a set of plans for sale on E-bay and thought that would be a grerat project and I bought the plans. I paid $26.00 plus postage. I have the plans but never got to make the model as I build a new home instead.

When I saw this thread I went to the storage closet and dusted off the plans....

Thomas if you fire me an e-mail I will sell the plans at the same I paid for them

The plans: C-130 RC Airplane plans with instruction booklet 87 inch wing span ,all wood construction, retract installation shown in plans . It is 64.168 inches long height 25.875 inches, total weight with out fuel 10 lbs 12 ozs.

Muff Millen

[email protected]

OBTW; I'm now 71 years old and fully retired and spend all my time with grand kids and relaxing. No time for any more models.

Tiny I love your replies and note that they are very valid and sound....but

you are wrong about plans for a RC C-130 model do not exist.

Muff, I was referring to real C130 drawings. There is nothing like a silhouette drawing, with good measurements, of a real C130 that I know of. They are all small sections and really can't be used to model anything after. Glad you still had those plans and maybe you can get your money back on them.

Hi all, I appreciate the replies on this matter.

After searching the web and other forums here's a summary.

There are a few large scale model plans of the C130 available. But I still haven't found a source for something like the actual blueprints complete with dimensions.

I want to make a wing as perfectly scaled down from the original as possible, and so far I have made a wing with the proper root and tip chord. However I'm still lacking the specifications on the properties of the wing as the following:

The tip is set to 3 degress washout, is this only done on the tapered (outer wing panels) or is it from the root ?

The tip needs to be adjusted in position to achive the proper tapered look, how is the tip positioned with reference to the root airfoil ?

The target aircraft of the build will be a TP84 of the swedish airforce, which is a C130H.

Thanks for any information or pointers to any source of info.

/Thomas

Thomas on the detailed blue prints I have for the C-130H that 3 degrees starts at the outboard side of the inboard engines and goes from there out to the wing tip.The portion of the wing from the fuslarge to the inboard engines the top and bottom wing surfaces are parallel. These plans are to scale 1:18.25

Muff