Engine run TIT

SpookyEng

Why we set 910 TIT during the temp control checks on -15 engines flight manuals? 910 TIT is 70 degress higher than the highest crossover limit. The -7 engines have the same spread. I have spoken to several maintenance and Rolls-Royce representatives and the answer I get is if you are in the controlling range it doesn't matter what you set. I have read many maintenance job guide and old flight manuals all the way back to the 1980s and they all show 910. Does anyone know why it is such an odd number?

Spooky, I'm not sure where the 910 comes from, as the job guide calls for 900°C in null, when

doing TD system checks. Once the TD switch is moved to auto, TIT may change by as much

as 40°C in either direction. In the cell, we have a separate step done at 850°C which is also

just a controlling check.

Once the throttle is above cross-over, it doesn't really matter what the TIT is, as the system

is going to respond in the same way, with similar results. My guess would be the use of 900°C/910°C is a throwback to -7 engines.

..... PS 910°C = 1670°F, while 900°C = 1652°F (read 1650°F)