Mildenhall Questions

DC10FE

We used to have a lot of "fun" with the haunted hardstand tales. I remember one foggy night being the one to sit on top of the MLG tires tasked to grab the wrists of the crew chief when he reached through the access doors to un-pin the door....who knew a grown man could scream so loud!

• 1 year later...

I was at Mildenhall in the early 80s.we arrived the weekend we bombed Libya what a great arrival, we did the duffel bag drag three times, because the base was overloaded with planes and troops the following weekend was great at the nco club the band played God Bless the Usa

I got stationed there a few months before the Libya thing...was there until 1988, so maybe we crossed paths sometime! I was with the 513TH AMS Comm Radio shop.

• 1 month later...

I was there during that time also heard everything that went on the evening of that event I was radio operator at the passenger terminal and heard it all, its a shame the Air Force told the family he crashed in the Ocean. I have never forgot that and to this day I still have night mares about that and also the airman that was working on the herc that walked into the prop by mistake. I was going out to unload a plane, had to have the bus stop to where I could get off I was so sick seeing that happen.

Was part of the group that moved from Evereaux to Mildenhall in 66. Remember it seemed so crowded when we got there after all the open space around Evereaux. Did another TDY after Mactan. I remember a club in Norwich that everyone went to but forget the name.