This Site.

Casey,

As a civilian with a passion for 130's, this site is the best.

I'm learning more about my favourite aircraft.

Absolutely awesome.

Respectfully

Sam.

Thanks for the kind words. I would love to take credit but it is the mix of people posting in the forums, contributing to the gallery, contributing to the wiki, etc that make this place special. It is truly a privelage to run the site.

Casey,

How many civvies are there on this site ?

I'm talking to two former C-130 crew members, but feel out of place with all these Service Personel here.

Respectfully

Sam.

Casey,

How many civvies are there on this site ?

I'm talking to two former C-130 crew members, but feel out of place with all these Service Personel here.

Respectfully

Sam.

I am a civilian. But my father was an aerospace engineer (read that as a fancy way of saying aircraft mechanic) for the AF, specifically for c130's at CCK and Clark. So I grew up with them.

I just like them. They are the greatest plane ever. The stories about them. The crews who flew them. They are like family members. And some of the ones my father worked on, are still up in the air. I do not think you can say that about many other aircraft.

I wish they built cars like they built hercs. :/

Edited by Fräulein
I can't spell

My car's number plate is AC-130U.

The number plate surround says "Death from Above"

My bonnet has been painted with the "Bad Intentions " Spectre.

Hello, my name is Sam, I have a problem....I think.

Hi Sam

I spent 12 yrs in the RAAF working on C130's before moving to Christchurch where I have been working for the last 10 yrs or so out at the airport, although I get to work on a wide varitiy of commercial aircraft the Herc has always held a special spot due to the remarkable versitility

Sir,

I respect you for your service to your Country..wish I could've done the same thing.

I do have a piece of JD321 at home.

The 130 is a magnificent machine, I'll never get to work on, or around them , or fly in one, but I just think they're beautiful.

BTW, I live in Christchurch.

Respectfully

Sam.

• 2 weeks later...