good pictures of the engines and prop

Desert Rat

Hi everyone,

I've been working several years on C130, and now my son studying aerospace engineering,needs good pictures of the engine and propeller to illustrate one of his assignement, can anybody provide me with good picture of the engine, with without QEC, pump housing, valve housing, dome, prepeller blades etc..

Thanks for your help,

Benjamin

I take a lot of photos for classroom work, but I really could use some from different points of view. If we are going to make a distribution list for photos, I'd like to be on the recieving end.

If someone wants to swap out classroom pictures, I'd be happy to swap.

PM me for details and addresses.

Hey guys, sorry but I really don't have too many pictures of the bits and parts I did, the pictures I took mostly turned out blurry (I did all this about 15 years ago, pre affordable digital photography days).

All the photos (poor, pathetic, and otherwise) are located here: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v721/FTFFTW/Herk/Parts/

You can save them from there if you find any you want.

The last I heard, my engine was at the sim building at Pope and they would probably take some pictures if you called the FE section there. Other cut aways I did they have are a dome assembly, fuel heater strainer, (maybe others, dont remember) and lots of other general bits and parts.

At the 550th at Kirtland I left a cutaway 60/90 KVA generator, a turbine section, prop shaft and barrel, compressor casing and some other little bits.

Sorry that I dont have much else to offer, really wish I had more and better pictures myself but guess thats just hindsight. I had a real blast doing them though, I will say that:D

Dan

great pictures....

I have another request,i'm looking now for pictures, again for my son, of the control linkage of the engine, I know that service news 44 has some, but the quality is really bad, so I'm looking for good pictures of the throttle quadrant with the rig pin installed, the pulley just above the nose wheel, the tensions regulator, and so on, till the valve housing and FCU...

Also a schematic wich shows the way the cables follow in the fuselage and wing...

I has to do an assignement on the mechanical control linkage of an engine, and I think the C130 is a very good example...

Just uploaded another 19 very excellent pictures from Bob.

I wont hot link them here since they are so big and I bet I have already killed the poor dial up guys.

The new pictures are the first 19 pictures at this link and there are some of the fuel control linkage but no rig pins.

Enjoy and thanks again Bob

Dan

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v721/FTFFTW/Herk/Parts/