Bat Mobile

topboltsto400

Hope the photo attached....

Anyway, have a look at this photo. The gentlemen in front is my uncle, Charlie Agar. If you knew him, please pass ANY INFO. He passed away 23 Sept 08, never got a chance to catch up with him and hear his stories, crew chief tales etc.

I believe this was a Blind Bat plane, or maybe one of the early Gunships (can't see the back)???? Assuming the tail number is 0647....can't find anything on it. Again if you know ANYTHING about that plane, post it up. I'd love to see what you got, anything at all.

Anybody got anything??

Thanks,

topbolts

Edited by topboltsto400

Charlie's name has come up several times in discussions on [email protected] for which I am one of the co-owners of the site. Sorry to hear of Charlie's passing, as will be his old buddies on Flareship. I'm cutting and pasting your post here on Herkybirds, but an email address for you would greatly simplfy things. Looking to hear from you again. Bob deHaas, BlindBat Loadmaster

Hi guys,

If you click on the picture and zoom in you can see the top of the last number of the serial in the corner of the window it's total number in the window is 6476

that will bring you to 56-0476 and that is a C-130A C/N 3084

The AF likes to use the last number of the FY and the last 3 of the serial

there for 6476

My serial book says Richds Gebaur(VNAF)29-10-72

I have no idea what it means but I think it went thru Richards Gebaur Missouri to the Vietnamese AF on 29-10-72.

Anyway that might help for the id of the A/C

Henk

• 1 month later...