Looking for HTTB Material C 130 SS

crediblesport

Hello again,

I am a Model Builder and a Historian, I would like to Write an article about

the evolution of the C-130J Program beginning with the Lockheed C-130SS Stretch STOL proposal from 1977, the Hercules on water Proposal C-130 STOL Seaplane, The Credible Sport XSC or YMC-130 program and the HTTB, High Technology Test bed, NC-130X, program.

Can anyone supply me with any photos or documents that contain information about the above mentioned programs?

If you cannot supply this information would you be so kind as to provide the names and or places I should write to or obtain such?

I have already done a through literature search on the above programs and found very little written about these programs.

Thank you for your Time and Efforts.

Sincerely

Tim Rathbone

• 3 weeks later...

Oh yesss....the old HTTB..first time I saw it was just after Lockheed acquired it. It was sitting outside next to the B-1 building at Lockheed in Ga. Plain old L-100-20. Stunk like it had been hauling camels. Last time I saw it it was a pile of twisted wreckage next to the clinic at Dobbins ARB in Feb. 1993. Saw it fly many times in between and do many things even a J can't do. It was an amazing Herk. Won't waste your time trying to explain it to you...just imagine a cross between the C-130C and Credible Sport C-130's and that was it....then some. Bill