Talk this one over!

CCFH

UTILITY UNIFORM (APPLIES TO ABUS, BDUS, AND DCUS)

1) TROUSERS MUST BE TUCKED INTO BOOTS AND PRESENT A BLOUSED

APPEARANCE AT ALL TIMES; EFF: IMMEDIATELY

1) AUTHORIZE USE OF PERSONAL CELLULAR PHONES WHILE WALKING IN UNIFORM; CELLULAR PHONE MUST BE CONSERVATIVE IN COLOR; WEAR OF HANDS FREE DEVICES WHILE WALKING IN UNIFORM IS PROHIBITED; CELL PHONE MAY BE WORN ON EITHER THE LEFT OR RIGHT SIDE OF UNIFORM; MILITARY CUSTOMS AND COURTESIES APPLY AND TAKE PRECEDENCE

So just want to know what Sheppard and AETC bases are going to be like with thousands of airmen walking around with phones stuck to thier faces?

Any comments from the "old heads"? I have got a few but I am trying to be the quiet professional!

Yaking on the cellular with one hand and saluting with the other, huh? Pathetic! What's even worse is that theres probably cell phones ringing during briefings, formations, ceremonies, counselings, appointments, fornications, etc....

I'm all for cellular technology, but MILITARY BEARING shall always be first and foremost.

Kurt

BTW: I just love seeing police officers talking on their cell phones, especially when driving......now that's really professional!

you got the rest of this release?

im more concerned over having to tuck my pants into my boots. gonna have to stop every 5 minutes, untie my boots retuck, tie them up, climb into a hell hole, or up on the door to do a leak check, then repeat whole process...yaaaa

1. The 98th af virtual uniform board convened in 2008. Voting members included airmen from all majcoms and most functional communities. Representatives from aafes, dscp/dla, the af uniform office, af/a1d and af/a4l acted as non-voting advisors. Board recommendations were forwarded to the air force chief of staff for final decision.

2. Approved items ? Effective as indicated:

A. Dress (blue) uniform

1) eliminate wear of the metal rank by enlisted airmen on the

light weight blue jacket; rank must be worn using only the

chevron rank insignia sewn on the sleeves; eff: Nlt 1 jan 2010

b. Utility uniform (applies to abus, bdus, and dcus)

1) trousers must be tucked into boots and present a bloused

appearance at all times; eff: Immediately

2) tuck in boot laces; excess boot laces may be wrapped around

the boot and tucked in. No ?bowtie? Boot laces; eff:

Immediately

3) majcoms authorized to approve wear of black boots with the abu only in industrial areas iaw 132024z feb 09 hq usaf/a1 message; eff: As per referenced message, 13 feb 2009

4) eliminate authority to attach organizational cap to bdu trouser; eff: Immediately

5) upper sleeve pocket approved for fire resistant abus authorized for, and worn only in, the aor

c. Accoutrements

1) authorize airmen meeting the criteria for, and awarded

the us army parachute riggers badge permanent wear of that badge on all authorized uniform combinations. When wearing the subdued riggers badge on the abu/bdu, the badge will be blue (not black). When wearing the subdued badge on the dcu, the badge will be brown.

2) authorize permanent wear of black u.s. Army air assault badge on the bdu, regardless of duty assignment, upon graduation from air assault school

3) authorize wear of the air force office of special investigations duty badge on the service dress uniform and subdued cloth duty badge on the abu

d. Miscellaneous

1) authorize use of personal cellular phones while walking in uniform; cellular phone must be conservative in color; wear of hands free devices while walking in uniform is prohibited; cell phone may be worn on either the left or right side of uniform; military customs and courtesies apply and take precedence

3. Approved uniform/design changes. Wear guidance and effective dates will be provided in supplemental messages. No action required by members at this time:

A. Utility uniforms

1) wear of foliage green fleece as an outer garment with abu

2) a fleece liner with the ability to zip into the apecs

3) ncrease length of lower leg pocket on abu trouser 1/2 inch

4) change female abu trouser fly button?s to mirror males

5) add small abu name tape with last name to pocket flap on

all-purpose environmental clothing system (apecs) left sleeve

6) alter abu sleeve pen pocket 1/2 inchto prevent

breaking writing utensils or punctures while bending arm

b. Physical training gear

1) revise current pt gear wear guidance to reflect a more

professional image. Make standards more in line with the

intent of the uniform

c. Maternity uniform

1) authorize an addition of side buttons that unfold a small

portion of the maternity abu trouser.

4. Deferred items and items that board recommended approval, but require further research and/or development. If any item is later approved by csaf, wear guidance and effective dates will be provided in supplemental messages; no action required by members at this time:

A. Utility uniform

1) wear of green crew neck sweater similar to marine corps under the abu

b. Maternity uniform

1) adjust maternity abu to mirror regular pocket placement

c. Accoutrements

1) officers assigned to command and control (c2) nodes to wear the c2 badge if approved for award by the functional authority

Tiny --

Amen to that, bro!!!

In my 23 years, I may hold the record for being jacked up for no hat. Most of the time, it was not by an officer (except for maybe some 20-year bitter major), but by E-8's & 9's. I can't count the times I've had the crew bus stop by clothing sales so I could run in (with the loadie's hat) & buy another one because I left my hat on the airplane.

Don R.

I wonder who suggested these.

5. DISAPPROVALS:

9) MALE ?PRINCE CUT? SERVICE DRESS SHIRT SIMILAR TO FEMALE

?PRINCESS CUT? SERVICE DRESS SHIRT

(Speechless)

63) BLACK SOCKS WITH PT GEAR

(Only with sandals)

66) SILK-FITTED HEADSCARVES WITH PT GEAR

(A doo-rag?)

Tiny --

Amen to that, bro!!!

In my 23 years, I may hold the record for being jacked up for no hat. Most of the time, it was not by an officer (except for maybe some 20-year bitter major), but by E-8's & 9's. I can't count the times I've had the crew bus stop by clothing sales so I could run in (with the loadie's hat) & buy another one because I left my hat on the airplane.

Don R.

Naw I've got that prize, loved to do it at Howard, really pissed the base ops guys off. Most of the time I flew with LC's and up and they would have fun with it. Never did buy an extra hat because I had mine in my pocket. Just don't like hats.

RZ HIll

I wonder who suggested these.

5. DISAPPROVALS:

9) MALE ?PRINCE CUT? SERVICE DRESS SHIRT SIMILAR TO FEMALE

?PRINCESS CUT? SERVICE DRESS SHIRT

(Speechless)

63) BLACK SOCKS WITH PT GEAR

(Only with sandals)

66) SILK-FITTED HEADSCARVES WITH PT GEAR

(A doo-rag?)

A princess cut shirt on a guy? Someone light in the loafers suggested that.

Black socks with sandals? That is so you are properly attired, for when you are yelling at kids to get off your lawn. I think that awas suggested my John McCaine.

And when I think of silk fitted headscarves - I think of two things

a hijab or a Rip Taylor.

17 years in the US Army and Army National Guard before I went blue and I tucked my BDU pants into my boots everyday. Most of that time was spent as a paratrooper and I never had an issue with having to stop every 5 minutes to re-tuck. It's not that big of a deal. In fact, when I went blue I did the same thing. They presented a bloused appearance and for the most part no one ever noticed. If they did, I explained how it worked and they didn't care.

Of course I wear a flight suit now so it's not an issue at all. On those rare days when I do wear BDUs or ABUs - you guessed it - I tuck them in.

The folks that wrap their pants as tight as they can around their legs - all the way up to their rear end - are the ones that make the tucked-in look appear stupid.

Now, the cell phone thing? Well, that's just another inch or so over the line.

Mark

Edited by F106A

I like how they finally approved the fleece as an outer garment, but only the green one and denied the green beanie and only allow the black beanie. I'm not going to complain though. It is going to make working on the airplane a lot easier to lose a layer of clothing.