Black and Green War Machine (MC-130E)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually do like the pterodactyl. The HF antennea were wing-horizontal-fuselage on the 7th birds. 0555,0523,0566,0561. I know it varied on others. Lookin Good so far! you still have images we all sent you?

Glad you survived OHIO Skip!

Edited by mongo
my spellin sux!

I started with the Heavy Chain print as a base for this one and have not changed the beaver tail and other details yet. The scaling should be correct. I think the ramp being down makes it look a little shorter. Please send pics of the buffer boards.

Props were also black (usually for short periods till the CC got bored and repainted them) Also, I think by useing the heavy chain as a base is giving the illusion of being a little shorter. cause of the lines on the whole aft end. those stations arent so prevelant on the orig MC prints.

Edited by mongo

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Mongo and Skip,

I'm back on this project. Again, sorry for the delay. I hate to ask but could you send any images you have one last time? I am struggling to find good reference images and thus desperately need your help.

Thanks.

Here is the latest progress. I am just about to call it done. Please let me know what else it needs so I can get it finished up.

[ATTACH]608[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]609[/ATTACH]

the old birds stars and bars were red white and blue and we did have a beakon on the tail but with the bufferboards installed you can not see the strut for the ramp -- John you got a pic of the back end for Casey?

Casey's sketch accurately shows the buffer boards and the ramp actuator struts. The "dogbone" struts cannot be seen with the buffer boards installed, but the ramp actuator struts are outside of the buffer boards.

I have pictures to verify, but not digital. If it is a real issue, let me know, and I'll scan one or two.....

John

Casey's sketch accurately shows the buffer boards and the ramp actuator struts. The "dogbone" struts cannot be seen with the buffer boards installed, but the ramp actuator struts are outside of the buffer boards.

I have pictures to verify, but not digital. If it is a real issue, let me know, and I'll scan one or two.....

John

Thanks John and sorry Casey guess to many beers been a long time but the memories must be fading faster than I thought.

Skip

the old birds stars and bars were red white and blue and we did have a beakon on the tail but with the bufferboards installed you can not see the strut for the ramp -- John you got a pic of the back end for Casey?

The way I remember the bars and stars they were darkened. I do recall seeing pics of red white and blue but those were from pictures before I arrived at Rhein Main in 80. the vert stab beacon was dropped down to the top of the fulelage as they went thru depot and got the in flight refuel receptacle. I want to say nickle was the 1st one that got that mod (for the 7th birds) They also got -15 engines during that same mod. The buffer boards are as I remember them.

• 1 month later...

Skip and Mongo,

I think I am to the point that I can create two seperae version and incorporate the differences each of you want. Please let me know the edits needed and I will finish and mail the prints.

Casey

[ATTACH]716[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]717[/ATTACH]