Black and Green War Machine (MC-130E)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not wanting to offend anyone currently serving but, Black and Green on the war machine was the only cool paint job I have ever seen on the Talons. Thats the way I want mine please. Also no beacon on the vertical stab, and the bars and stars were darkened as was all the insignia. Looks awesome Casey. I'll send you my address. Thanks.

John

Casey

I copied an pasted these prof's to everyone in the community I know. The only comment -- DIRCM blisters or forward brow missile warners missing -- my thinking there were so many different mod's and de-mod's that you have to stop somewhere and I think you are there.

There are a lot of want's out there for one or both prints. Please post a way to order and payment. I will pass along. FTI -- I want both!

Great Job I wouldn't change a thing.

Skip

Good deal. I'm doing a few finishing touches on it and then I will goto the printer for a test print. I'm also setting up a shopping cart system to allow ordering using a paypal account or credit card via paypal.

Casey

Casey -- I would swap the middle 8SOS with the last patch 7SOS & maybe add the AFSOC patch -- What do they look like in camo? either way they look GREAT! I want one.

Thanks and Merry Christmas

I just added the AFSOC patch but I am hesitant to swap the 7th and 8th patches because the 1st and 8th are the same shape. It looks unbalanced if I swap them as you suggested but I will swap them if you insist.

As for camo patches, I would have to have some reference images and would have to create them from scratch. If you would prefer, I'll do it.

Did RClarks linked image show the DIRCUM blisters you wanted or were you talking about something else?

I actually like the patches also. Hey Skip didn't we also sport the USAFE patch with the 7th in Germany? maybe that was just us knuckle draggers. Great link by RClark.

Just let me know what you want and I will get it done.

I moved the patches around but it just looked odd, so I moved them back. I also did some work to try to better define the panels since the paint is so dark, added the AFSOC patch, Combat Talon lettering, and drop shadows to the aircraft, patches and lettering. Unless there are any objections, I will get some printed up and ready to ship.

[ATTACH]726[/ATTACH]

Casey

That's not the old 8SOS patch -- the curved part extends straight up/down sorta like a rectangle with a curved top and bottom. I don't have the capability to copy one of mine but will ask around and see if I can get one or maybe someone on here can get one to you sooner.

emailed one to you

try this link they have the color one + camo and desert

http://www.usafpatches.com/photo/thumbnails.php?album=72&page=4

Edited by Skip Davenport

I tried to uploaded an oval 8th patch into my album several times but sadly all attempts failed.

Your upload was sucessful. It was waiting for my approval to publish to the gallery.

I can't tell in proof but just FYI the circle around the bird is blue (the colors represent: Yellow -- sun, Blue the Sky -- Black -- on the body and top wing -- night as we mostly fly at night and the White -- daylight) that said. I know that I am getting picky now. But how about adding the 1 + Blackbirds ie:

COMBAT TALON I

BLACKBIRDS

Just a thought

Edited by Skip Davenport