Black and Green War Machine (MC-130E)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question -- could the ghost bird be added to the black and green ugly machine? I realise you would probably have to more the words to below the airplane with the patchs -- just a thought what it would look like?

I experimented and I can do it, leaving the top as is and removing the patches on the bottom. Otherwise, it is too crowded.

I got in this late but what version of the Talon 1 are you trying to draw? This one still has the comm. ant. over the flight deck (pre-UARRSI). I have a picture of a Mod 60 Talon 1 that does not have the QRC 84-02's and pre APQ-122. The color sceme on it is black/green with a white belly.

FYI -- go back an read all the posts on this -- Casey had to start and stop somewhere. A Black and Green Talon with a white bottom -- I have never seen. Please post.

I got in this late but what version of the Talon 1 are you trying to draw? This one still has the comm. ant. over the flight deck (pre-UARRSI). I have a picture of a Mod 60 Talon 1 that does not have the QRC 84-02's and pre APQ-122. The color sceme on it is black/green with a white belly.

I am not certain of the exact year(s) of this particular version. Have I mismatched equipment/mods that never were? I have attached one of reference photos I used in creating the image.

[ATTACH]745[/ATTACH]

Old talon 1 FE, Your right and I did not notice that on the print. However like Skip says the variations are many and Casey has to call it good somewhere. My Print is supposed to represent 64-0523 with the 7th in the early 80's the 7th birds got UARRSI in that time frame. I think they all had it by the time I left in 83. The last picture Casey posted is one of the 7th planes also. 64-0523, 0555, 0561 or 0566. thats Doug Mussard standing at the nose. Would like to see the white bellied pic also if ya got one.

Cheers! John

In the late 60's, the Talon 1s came out of depot with a white belly, just because that was what was on the approved paint drawing. The using organizations often painted the underside totally black with local approval. This shot may have been a Heavy Chain....

John