heres an idea that makes sence, do you all agree?

venom 66

hello all, with the absolute wealth of knowledge of all the members of this great website, I have an idea and would like to get some feedback on this: instead of retiring all the F-15's and F-16's, why not have the Boeing and the Lockheed Martian companies restart the 15 and 16 assembly lines to produce 'new build' acft to replace the 'high time' acft.The new fighters can receive all mods to have them all up to date. Instead of having the USAF having only the F-22,just have a few sqaudrons to serve along side the 'new' acft.It would create a lot of jobs in the civilian sector and keep all those flight and maint crews in the service.

Boeing just came out with the F-15SE (stealth eagle) with canted tail and hidden weapon bays. It is a 4.5 generation fighter.

I wouldn't hold my breath on any new fighters. It is sad to think, but I am sure there is going to be a huge fighter gap in a few years, with the high time F-16s grounded, F-15s falling apart, and AF leadership crapping their pants waiting for LM to get the F-35 out there.

just an opinion.

• 3 weeks later...