Why was 63-7803 known as "Ghostrider"?

venom 66

Back when I was at Yokota, jan 90 to jan 93,we had 63-7803. (which was sold to Tunisia a couple of years ago) It was nicknamed "ghostrider". And even had a pretty cool mural painted on the NAVs table.The story I heard bout that bird was; on a mission in Vietnam,the acft landed after a mission,taxied to the end of the runway,shut down the engs and just sat there.When some folks went to investigate,they opened the crew door to find the whole crew still in their seats, dead. Does anyone know this story or more importantly, what really happened?

Edited by venom 66

• 1 month later...

Back when I was at Yokota, jan 90 to jan 93,we had 63-7803. (which was sold to Tunisia a couple of years ago) It was nicknamed "ghostrider". And even had a pretty cool mural painted on the NAVs table.The story I heard bout that bird was; on a mission in Vietnam,the acft landed after a mission,taxied to the end of the runway,shut down the engs and just sat there.When some folks went to investigate,they opened the crew door to find the whole crew still in their seats, dead. Does anyone know this story or more importantly, what really happened?

That is definitely a BS story. If such a thing had happened, it would have been all over the O and NCO clubs.