Rc c-130

DC10FE

A fairly new member to this site from Sarasota, FL sent me these photos. His name is Frank Kagele. It's quite a project and will hopefully fly this sometime in the next few months.

It's built in 1/12th scale and has a 134" wingspan. It has functional fowler flaps, ramp, air deflector doors and an engine sync system. It's powered by 4 English 4-stroke .91 ci engines and weighs about 50 pounds. He's also fitting it to do a LAPES!

Frank, if you have anything to add, please join in.

Don R.

It's an outstanding accomplishment thus far and is certainly an item to be most proud of. As a "constructive" comment: maybe some more research in the paint scheme would add that final touch of realism. At least a black nose radome would be much more "Herkyer"..

I agree with the rest of you guys about flying that puppy.. May Lloyds of London will underwrite it !?

ThudDriver

He told me in an email that he got the color scheme from an A-model (3192) on display at the Minnesota ANG Historical Museum. I think he's now going to put the markings of either the Philippine AF or the Jordanian AF on it.

Don R.