mc-130p 64-14854

eidosusa

i am currently the crew chief on 64-14854 and there are several things on this plane that i am trying to figure out, first is the lox servicing door on the left hand side of the nose. there is nothing behind it anymore, but it does look like there use to be brackets, there is one bracket that is the same as the righthand side lox bottle that holds the servicing/vent lines in place. so if anybody has a clue to what this is all about it would be helpful, also the flare tubes in the cargo door stick out and have shrouds on them is this normal for the original style flare tubes? i'm use to seeing the style on my previous plane 69-5832. also there are what appears to be two cannon plugs to the right of the flare tubes that are on the exterior of the aircraft what are they used for? oh yeah and one last gee wiz question there is a light behind the left hand scanner seat looks like a leading edge style light bulb... it's big, i have checked the bulb it is good, i have turned on every switch but the light will not come on, is there something i'm missing about it? thanks.

854...good bird. I am sure Bob will have the details you are looking for. From what I remember about her at Eglin is she used to be a catch a falling star bird and a maybe a test platform too. I was told there used to be two ATMs. I think if you look close at the structure around the left scanner seat. I believe you will see the structure of the forward cargo door. Some aircraft had these big clamp looking plates bolted in and the outside was reskinned. The light was the loading light. As for the ramp I am not sure.

also there are what appears to be two cannon plugs to the right of the flare tubes that are on the exterior of the aircraft what are they used for?

Is there a plug number on the inside of the aircraft for those two cannon plugs, or a wire number or two you can give me??

If the plane is the one I am thinking of, she did other stuff before becoming what she is, either satellite grab or a system test bird.

85whore was really a pig when I was sentenced to the 550th in albatraz, seems like it was an initial SOFI conversion bird that went to Kirtland but they refused to fly it for over a year because they didn't want to fly with just contractor data, they just had to have the offical WR sup to the -1.

Herks dont do so well if they sit forever, we finally got it at Eglin but that thing was a flying avionics IFE.

Nothing worked right, took it to Turkey once and made it as far as Long Island NY before we had no compasses, no radar and no real navaids left. It didnt get much better on the rest of the trip, I would have to look it up in my log but I think they ended up bringing us a different plane to St. John's so we could actually make it to our destination.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I took a look at the two connections on the cargo door yesterday. I couldn't find a part number, but they look the same as ADF connections. Inside the cargo door there is an access panel that looks like it may have had some sort of control box inside of it. Does anyone have the (H)H-4? Maybe it's in there.