Help

Skip Davenport

I got this email and thought I would post here -- understand it is also on the Stray Goose and 7th sites --

Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2009 10:33 AM

To: [email protected]

Subject: History and Beer

Hi Dave,

I hope that “retirement†is wearing well on you. Since you enjoy History and Beer, I have a proposition for you. Would you be interested in locating an Air Force crew for me? Here are the particulars, if you choose to accept the mission. I would like to make contact with the C-130 Blackbird Crew who delivered us (RT ASP) on the first Combat Jump into Laos. They were out of Na Trang. They picked us up in Da Nang on September 8th and dropped us into Laos at 0400 on September 9th, 1970. It was a static line jump at 400 feet, no reserve. They would have remembered the low level flight and “popping up†to 400 feet for the drop and that we were in NVA uniforms among other things. I have no idea of how to make the contact. Other Team Leaders want to hook up with the Crews that flew their HALO Jumps, later in 1970.

So, that would be the history side, the beer drinking will come when we all get together. Are you game for this? I greatly enjoyed being at your “roast†and sorry that I couldn’t stay for the Ceremony and the Friday Night Show, I’m sure that they both were excellent. Please let me know your thoughts on the above. Later.

Thanks,

Garry

Hey Skip how are you? I read the email from Gary and it brought back some interesting moments in my past. I was stationed at CCK AB in 1969 - 1970 and I had a roommate that was never there. It turns out he was a crew chief on a C-130 Blackbird. I asked what they did and he informed me that there was no such thing as a C-130 Blackbird. He never did talk about anything. Spent all of his time being drunk while he was at CCK and then he would be gone again.

I tried to find out about the Blackbird on Google but nothing came up.

Anyway hope somebody can help Gary out.

Take care and be safe.

Wil

Hey Skip how are you? I read the email from Gary and it brought back some interesting moments in my past. I was stationed at CCK AB in 1969 - 1970 and I had a roommate that was never there. It turns out he was a crew chief on a C-130 Blackbird. I asked what they did and he informed me that there was no such thing as a C-130 Blackbird. He never did talk about anything. Spent all of his time being drunk while he was at CCK and then he would be gone again.

I tried to find out about the Blackbird on Google but nothing came up.

Anyway hope somebody can help Gary out.

Take care and be safe.

Wil

Google -- MC-130E and Combat Talon -- lot of info pops up