Fire fighter crash (???)

alphacharlie130

I came across this website (photobucket.com) and found some pics of a C-130 crash. It looks like hill and desert terrain. The N number is N135FF with a large 82 on the tail. I cannot make out the script on the forward pilots side of the acft. I hope some one can help with information. I would like to know the model of the acft, year, company name, date and details of the crash, location, etc, survivors or not and so on.

N135FF belonged to Hemet Valley flying service I think and the number on the tail was 82. the pics are of the H&P 130 and are not of N135FF. There was also a C-130 N116TG that had 82 on the tail but this was a French number. This A/C crashed in France Sept 6 2000 killing 2 and 2 made it out some how, I know because I was on it.

N135FF belonged to Hemet Valley flying service I think and the number on the tail was 82. the pics are of the H&P 130 and are not of N135FF. There was also a C-130 N116TG that had 82 on the tail but this was a French number. This A/C crashed in France Sept 6 2000 killing 2 and 2 made it out some how, I know because I was on it.

Interesting. Happy you survived that one for sure! Got a story to tell?

That I know of there were 3 C130 AFF crashes.

The first was 3148 ex USAF 56-0540 N135FF operated by Hemet of CA near Palmdale CA on 13 Aug 1994. Originally blamed on a fuel tank explosion now seems to have been declared a wing seperation.

The second was 3086 ex USAF 56-0478 N116TG operated by T&G of AZ(Now called IAR). Crashed in France 6 Sept 2000. Flew into terrain.

The third was 3146 ex USAF 56-0538 N130HP operated by H&P of WY near Walker CA. Wing seperation.

Instead of making sure aircraft were properly inspected and maintained the USFS knee jerk banned the use of civilian A's but still flies ARF's H models.

Bob