TIT vs. torque

Jetsam

I'm a closet geek when it comes to these things........I actually collect them. After I've had them awhile, I will see if museums, or individuals are intersted in them for display/souvenir purposes. I'll check the cabinet and see if I have any extras. If so, I'll contact you and get your address. No charge!

Kurt

P.S. e-Bay is a good source. I once saw, and purchased an E-6B from the early 40's. All brass w/ engraved numerals and letters.

Just curious:

If standard day (ISA) max TIT = max torque?

i.e. C-130E 970 C TIT = 19600 lbs torque?

cheers!

J.

I hadn't seen it mentioned yet but if my mind serves me correctly you had to be down to -5 degrees (F) to get 19600 from a -7 motor. I'm not even sure if I can find my old -7 1-1. ISA standard day wouldn't even get you close.

Dan I still got my -7 whiz wheel too...somewhere! Never got hold of a -15 one.

I ended up with -15 and -7 whiz wheels when I first started flying with the EC-E's.

Damn squadron had quite a selection of equipment on the airframes, -7 engines and -15 engines. Old wings and new wings and IFR and non IFR suicide.gif made the old pubs bag pretty heavy!!

Dan

• 2 years later...

Dudes.....

I am an ex RAF flight Engineer. I flew C130K's** for the RAF '73 to '82.. I then went on to fly Jet transports, and finally left the military and flew Jumbo's for 10 years in civvy street.

I now, in semi-retirement, teach train and examine in a C130 flight simulator in UK.

I have been looking around for the last couple of years for one of these C130H (-15) Take-off & Landing computers and stumbled across this discussion the other day...

Would anyone happen to know where i can locate a Telex -15 wheel?? I've searched high and low and come up with diddly-squat, unfortunately.

Many thanks if you can help.....Pete Harker/uk (peteinuk) [email protected]

** C130K: T56A-15 engines driving Hamilton Standard 54H60-91 props (K = sort-of 'H' model)

I have one dated 1976 which I haven't used since the early 80s. However, I am not interested in getting rid of it. But, here some additional info that might help you locate one.

TYPE CPU -127P

Mfg. Model No: FAA-205A

NSN 6605-00-189-7153

Operation Instructions T.O. 5N5-14-18-1

• 2 weeks later...

I hadn't seen it mentioned yet but if my mind serves me correctly you had to be down to -5 degrees (F) to get 19600 from a -7 motor. I'm not even sure if I can find my old -7 1-1. ISA standard day wouldn't even get you close.

After running my -1-1 charts for 100% and 95% I get these numbers

100%, 15C, SL= 16,600"lbs @ 971C....to reach max torque temp would be -8C (+18F)

95%, 15C, SL= 15,800"lbs @ 971C....to reach max torque temp would be -17C (+1F)

All normal bleed numbers.

Dave