No Engines!

trev130eng

Anybody out there ever drop a Herk off post PDM jacks & trestles with no engines attached? My engines are on their way from down under but the last air freight service to Yemen from the Gulf has just been cancelled and they have to come by boat giving me a long delay. (Probably end up in Somalia anyway). Last weight and balance data cannot be found so i have to guess the ballast requirments. It's a basic C-130H so i figure weight about 75K and C of G around 560-570. I'm planning to ballast with about 8K. Cargo door is still removed. Also, any help with how to pack F2-B liferafts would be most appreciated. I have no survival equipment staff here and the old ones disintegrated on removal and the new ones came unpacked. Many thanks for all the guys who have assisted me lately. I'm hoping to fly this aircraft in the next few months after being grounded for years and i could not have done it without your help.

We would place 8 55 Gal Drums on pallets and load them just aft of the 245 and fill them with water... 400 lbs each x 8 3200 lbs at pallet position 1 for a rough CG of .

Got the Loadees slipping out some basic numbers and will get back to you..

Disclaimer

These numbers are based on a different aircraft so the numbers are just for reference and a increase or decrease in weight and placement will be needed to fit your situation....

(You can put more in you will just be nose heavy. I don’t remember more than 10 at a time though...)

Are you planning on moving the aircraft or just taking off jacks and leaving it in place?

Edited by NATOPS1

75K aircraft weight? Basic Op weight? Where did this number come from???

85,000 - 4 engines props @ 5100lbs each(20,400)= 64600..

65,000 aircraft w/ 6,000lbs at pallet position 1 (330) aprox 20% CG (4222.5 Mom)

The 8 55 gal drums was for 2 engines off...... 15 or so for all 4 engines off.... please read the DISCLAIMER on the previous post.....