Looking for a friend

sparky

I am not a pilot and know little of aircraft.I am not sure why i started thinking about my brother last night.Tom was the kinda guy every one wanted to be friends with.The story goes when he was in basic training, he saw his DI up front in the theatre and ran across the top of the seats to give him a quick payback for a mention of our mother that didn't sit well with Tom.Once on his (I believe 21st birthday) he was home from the Navy and asked me what I wanted to do to celebrate his birthday.I was about 5 or 6 at the time.We went to see the doberman gang and the Daring Dobermans(if memory serves).Tom loved to laugh and even more loved to make people laugh.Tom served on the USS Saratoga I think in 1971 and 1972.I am not sure what year he got out of the Navy, but at some point went to work for G.E. as a contractor working with the Air Force. His C-130H went down near Erzerum Turkey in april 1982.Tom was a civilian along with 18 or 19 other civilians and 8 or 9 crew of I believe the 774th Tactical(I get conflicting reports depending on which site I'm on).There were 27 total aboard.I have asked for official info on Toms service and am waiting.When my wife and I join my family this Thanksgiving, stories of Tom will definately arise. It would be kinda cool if I could find someone who knew Tom from the Air Force, Navy or from GE that may have some pictures or stories to share. Thomas Oliver Terrell from Florida.Any advice on how to find a friend of my brother would greatly be appreciated.Thanks for your time.God Bless our Troops.

Edited by sparky
0 responses

• 1 month later...

Hi Sparky, really sorry for your loss. However, if I were you, I would start with high school, such as Classmates.com. Someone might have info that will lead you to further years about him. I have found people using this method, and found out information about deceased individuals also. Good luck, my friend.