Missing Senator

tinyclark

There once was a senator from Mass,

Who went out in search of some a$$;

He lucked up and found it,

F****d up and drowned it,

And that was the end of his a$$.

Man, was that limerick writer very wrong. Of course, he didn't know anything about the people of Taxachussetts.

Regards of political leanings, and some "fou pas" (sp), Sen. Kennedy served the American people for many years. Was he any worse than some of the others one's in Washington? Maybe. Maybe not. The Kennedy clan did serve the American people. And died in service to the people. RIP at 77.

Well I respect your opinion, but lets be honast here. Teddy was kicked out of Harvard for cheating on an exam. He had another person take it because he felt he couldn't pass it. This caused his military deferment to be void, and he went, drafted, kicking and screaming all the way. He did the absolute least he could, and left the service and never looked back on the military. He was in be I would never say "He served".

Well RZ, we all have skeletons in our closets, including the serving senators, representatives, and every military person out there. He did screw up, and paid for it. He missed his chance at the White House. JFK and RFK had some black marks, as well as both Bushes. Especially the 2nd. Sen Stevens and many others. The difference being Stevens and W never paid for their mistakes. I don't like the results of the Mary Joe incident. But he did serve, and served a lot longer in public service, than any military member served. Military time may not equate to congress time, but he did get a lot of bills passed to help the people, and he didn't "retire" as soon as he was eligible. I'm not necessarily be a fan, but do appreciate that he served.

I'm very dismayed about his internment at Arlington. However, I do respect the view's of the members of this board as honorable serving members and veteran's of this country that I love so much.

In my opinion, does Ted Kennedy deserve internment at Arlington........NO! What is the criteria anyway? Again, in my "opinion" the first criteria would be

1) A uniform.

2) HONORABLE MILITARY service.

3) Creditable citizenship.

Be that as it may, we all must honor and respect the First Amendment that we serve, and continue to show such duty to the generations that follow.

Kurt

P.S. Damn! That sounded good. Maybe I should run for office.......... I'll grab a Coor's out of the fridge and ponder this one.

It would probably be appropriate here to consider this: being a Senator is not even close to "public service."

If so, would a Senator counsel a General to make sure the General called her Senator instead of Ma'am - because she worked so hard to get there?

Public service is not even close to what our congressmen in DC do for us.

Ted Kennedy will not be missed by those who remember the U.S.A. that was.

He was a liar, lawyer, politician, lousy soldier and Democrat. He was also a womanizer and a drunk, so at least he got two things right.

na don't think so -- he couldn't even answer the question "why do you want to be President?" -- FYI you forgot cheater and kicked out of school and getting daddy to get his 4 year enlistment reduced to 2 and sent to Europe (Paris) instead of Korea!

Damn guy's, nothing really surprises me anymore......especially with this new government.

If congress had a moment of silence for Michael Jackson, then I should not have been surprised that Ted Kennedy will get a plot at Arlington.

Let's just all look at the bright side and be gratified that Merrill McPeak didn't become SecDef!

Kurt

• 4 weeks later...