lookin' fer................

gizzard

told a buddy of mine I'd start this up..........I know there are a few of ya out there already, but hopin to find more. Terry is interested, as I am, in findin' any former members of the 36th, 37th, and 38th TAS from Langley during the time period say June 1970 to about the end of 1973. There are some, like "Shorty" Boyd, Ted Jalowick, Ray Imri, Lou Simpson, Bill Greene, who seem to have just disappeared. Terry was with the 36th to begin with and then went to the 38th when it started up. We also had some loadys come in from 123 Ranch Hands, anybody know of them??? Many more names but it would make the post enormous. I know Bob Daly is in this fine group of people, so where are the rest?

thanks

Aboard, closed and checked

I was in the 4th Aerial Port in 69 then the 36th in 70. then off to C141 in 71 at McChord. I arrived as a cross trainee Loadmaster and left as an Instructor. Training was quick in TAC. Dont remember many people from that time period. Went on a rotation while I was in the 4th. It seems the most on this web were either in the far east, at Pope or Little Rock.

Robert (Rob) Staples Msgt (Ret)

Mike Langford Dallas TX

Mike Roe Younkers NY

Will Guidry Lafayette LA

Steve Dillon Dallas

Dennis Minder Southlake TX

John Simon Keller TX

Rudi Goldman Amsterdam

Chris Daniels Sacramento

Bob Craft Long Boat Key FL

George Simons Beavercreek OH

Don Asay Cincinatti area

Tom Hanson Tacoma

Skip Davenport OKC

Jim Weir Tucson

Reed Mulkey Deceased

Bill "Steve" Stevens Deceased

Bruce Ferrier Deceased

Gene Chaney Deceased

Birdie Brevig Deceased

Russ Popejoy Deceased

Dale Smith Abilene

All I could think of with out my address book

Bob

Edited by bobdaley

GEORGE SIMONS----------------Wow! What a NAVIGATOR! Shut down all nav systems and the man will get you there. A stop watch, chart, and celestial..........he was/is the best!

Kurt

P.S. For the younger Nav's on this site, take heed to the "old fashioned" nav techniques. If, (and it will happen) GPS ever shuts down.....get ready.

GEORGE SIMONS----------------Wow! What a NAVIGATOR! Shut down all nav systems and the man will get you there. A stop watch, chart, and celestial..........he was/is the best!

Kurt

P.S. For the younger Nav's on this site, take heed to the "old fashioned" nav techniques. If, (and it will happen) GPS ever shuts down.....get ready.

GPS? It wasn't originally part of SCNS, and I don't think our crews ever got lost. A ring laser gyro INU is pretty accurate, and added to everything else, the old SCNS solution wasn't that far off.

If GPS is so good, why do we still need the ADF?

And do a ADF approach each year on round dials!?!? should watch some of these new kids trying it -- head falls and the tail has to go up! simple but so funny to watch

Mike Langford Dallas TX

Mike Roe Younkers NY

Will Guidry Lafayette LA

Steve Dillon Dallas

Dennis Minder Southlake TX

John Simon Keller TX

Rudi Goldman Amsterdam

Chris Daniels Sacramento

Bob Craft Long Boat Key FL

George Simons Beavercreek OH

Don Asay Cincinatti area

Tom Hanson Tacoma

Skip Davenport OKC

Jim Weir Tucson

Reed Mulkey Deceased

Bill "Steve" Stevens Deceased

Bruce Ferrier Deceased

Gene Chaney Deceased

Birdie Brevig Deceased

Dale Smith Abilene

All I could think of with out my address book

Bob

Pat Wylie, Summerville, SC

Jeep White, Charleston, SC

Mick Mcgolthlen, Guffey, CO

Edited by bobdaley

Just wanted to see if anyone from 73 to 79 is here. Started at Langley then went with the squadron to McChord. During the whole time from both bases we were always gone TDY to one place or another. If you can't get me here try my email. I am currently retired and live in southern California and a member of the 422 American legion post.Thanks you all and have a great life for what you may have left.:

[email protected]:

I came to Langley early in the spring of 69 from tech school. Assigned to the 38th ESC shop, with John Pomeroy, Erine Horvath. Went on a six month TDY

to Camh Rahn Bay with the 556Th Recon Squardron, returned in Nov.69and the 38th had left. I went the 37th TAS ESC shop,with Dave Osmundson who had been in tech school with me and the 38Th. Msgt. Dormis Baker was NCOIC, and Col. Ferrier was squardron commander. Some of the other guys in the 37th with us was Bobby Yeatts(hydraulics) from Reidsville, N.C., Tsgt Fred Jenkins, he's now deceased. Flight engineer Dave Regal,Flight engineer

Ssgt Lopez still lives in the area, he had the nickname as Boots, sorry Lopez.

If you see this I'll make it to you. By the way I'm Rex Riley, Dave Osmundson

live in Knotts Island N.C, I'm in Surry, Va. Also, I went TDY with the 36th to

Rhine Main and if any of you know Fuzzy Carr he lives in Suffolk, Va. Does anyone know where Bob Ackerman is, he was a crew chief with the 38th in 69. More later!!

• 3 months later...

I'm trying to get my dad, Darryl Seeger, in touch with some loadmasters that served with him from '67 - '71... don't know much other than he was at CCK from '68 - '69 (while I was born, actually!) as a loadmaster on a C-130 with the 345th TAS tail code DH and discharged from the Arial Port Squadron as his last duty assignment. Anyone know him or who else served at that time? I'd really like to get him in touch with some buddies! Thank you!

LeRoy Martin

He went to Bergstrom AFB and retired there as a lt Col.

Then he got a job with a small airline based in Austin.

He was a DC-9 Captain and the airline folded. I don't know if it folded before or after he turned 60. Last time I saw him he was still flying the 9 and living in Austin. At least 15 maybe 20 years ago.

Bob

• 1 month later...