C-130T aft door mechanism

KarlK

I am currently building a 1/72 scale plastic model of a C-130 Blue Angels Fat Albert. How do the rear troop doors open? Do they slide up or do they pivot to the side like an airliner door? I am not talking about the rear cargo door but the 2 right and left troop doors. I have seen some pictures of the interior and it looks like they come in and pivot to the right. However, I though i saw some photos that look like the doors slide up. Can anyone help me?

Thank you very much! It's great to know that there are people like you all that can share your expertise with us. I am going to build my model with the doors open and I wanted to make sure to do it right. When I get done I will send along some pictures for you all to see. Again, thank you all for your help!

The Paratroop Doors pull in slightly then slide up....:)

I am currently building a 1/72 scale plastic model of a C-130 Blue Angels Fat Albert. How do the rear troop doors open? Do they slide up or do they pivot to the side like an airliner door? I am not talking about the rear cargo door but the 2 right and left troop doors. I have seen some pictures of the interior and it looks like they come in and pivot to the right. However, I though i saw some photos that look like the doors slide up. Can anyone help me?

Thank you very much! It's great to know that there are people like you all that can share your expertise with us. I am going to build my model with the doors open and I wanted to make sure to do it right. When I get done I will send along some pictures for you all to see. Again, thank you all for your help!

Karl,

Here's a pic from the inside. You can see that the door bottom is just about flush with the door opening.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I to am building a 1/72 scale c-130 fat albert. What brand is yours I have an older Italeri. Would love to get the 1-48th scale.

I also have the Italeri model. I wanted to do the 1/48 scale but I could not find any Fat Albert decals in 1/48th scale.I had to modify the troop door windows from the round window to the square window. I scratch built the air scoops on the right side above the wheel wells. I also added details from the Eduard photo etched parts including the interior, exterior and floor.I totally detailed the interior adding seats, lights pipes and motorized the engines and added interior working lights. I am almost done with it and have been working on this built for a year and a half. good luck with your build.