Pope 130 In Taxi Accident in Turkey 1974-ish?

TSgtRet

When I was stationed at Pope, I seem to remember one of our aircraft that was TDY to Mildenhall was involved in a taxi accident in Turkey. It tore up a wing, I think, and there was a lot of red tape generated about it between the U.S. and Turkey. I remember it took a lllooonnnggg time to get resolved. Anyone have any info?

• 2 months later...

When I was stationed at Pope, I seem to remember one of our aircraft that was TDY to Mildenhall was involved in a taxi accident in Turkey. It tore up a wing, I think, and there was a lot of red tape generated about it between the U.S. and Turkey. I remember it took a lllooonnnggg time to get resolved. Anyone have any info?

Your right about 74 but we were TDY to Germany in the fall when it happened, don't know what happen but they were taxing and my roommate, who was in sheet metal, told me they managed to sheer the wing off. I don't remember which wing. That is all my old memory has left or it could be all the German beer we drank effected my memory.

• 1 month later...