Next in line for Jay-birds.

Plaprad

All of the -30 production right now for USAF is the rest of Ramstein's birds and 26-28 for Dyess. All other USAF production is for HC/MC. No word on Yakota getting J's yet.

Edited by sck166

Anyone know when Baltimore gives up theit J's?

How about Mansfield H's?

Now that Ramstein is almost out of E's, that only leaves Little Rock AD & ANG with E's and the PRANG. Any idea when the PRANG gets H's?

Latest rumors I heard, really rumors because I have never seen it written anywhere, is the Dyess's H's were going to Little Rock. Mansfield's H's to St Joe. St Joe's H's to PRANG.

Bob

They have already sent one to the 48th at Little Rock, not sure of the time line for the rest. Saw a couple Baltimore students in school when I was there a couple weeks ago. They are supposedly converting to the C-27J, but nobody has been through school yet at Robins.

• 4 weeks later...

You have to admire Canadian maintenance. Last I heard they had parked 5 E's and were still operating 14 E's. The low time ones had over 40,000 hours and some were approaching 45,000 hours. With the exception of the ex ABCCC birds, most USAF E's have under 30,000 hours on them.

Bob

PS Does anyone know if 62-1835 went from Ramstein to Little Rock?

Our Maintenance folks have done a fantastic job over the years. This J replacement is about 10 years too late.

Now we have a bunch of us trained by JMATS/48th and no airplane to fly until next June at the earliest.

There are a couple of different paint schemes from the camo to the all grey to a mix match of whatever pieces they could find but she keeps flying.

However, I do seriously love the J. Amazing airframe.

• 2 weeks later...

You have to admire Canadian maintenance. Last I heard they had parked 5 E's and were still operating 14 E's. The low time ones had over 40,000 hours and some were approaching 45,000 hours. With the exception of the ex ABCCC birds, most USAF E's have under 30,000 hours on them.

Bob

PS Does anyone know if 62-1835 went from Ramstein to Little Rock?

I think 1835 went to Ramstein. All of their bird come to LR to blue section. But their changeing ours to H's next year.

• 2 months later...

Not to hijack the thread, but I have such great memories of the "shiny new H models that I first started working at Dyess...then somewhere on this fourm I read a post about the "35 year old aging H's" at Dyess. Made me think back to that ORI to Rickenbacker Air National Guard Base. The MX Cheif had dropped me off to get some parts - I had been admiring the 56 model in the hanger - got back in the truck and said "I can't believe it - that the plane is older than me".... Chief said "Shut up - I used to crew that one!"

I'm thrilled that the Herk is still in production - but kind of feeling like the Chief these days!

17 J-30's comin to Canada with the first set for June 2010.

Can't come soon enough, E's are in rough shape.

#3 is in Body Mate right now. with #4 & 5 following next in line. Then I believe the Indian Hercs are following those. Might be a USAF coming up as well, have only crossed the street the last couple of times to go to Body Mate, have been back in Mid Fuse in a little while.

would that be a Dyess bird or a Canadian aircraft? Curious to know when Dyess will be getting their first aircraft.

Not sure but, but the last Dyess bird in Final Assembly left the line in December. So its in Paint or Flight Line now.