Next in line for Jay-birds.

Plaprad

MARIETTA, Ga., February 9th, 2010 -- The first Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] C-130J produced for Dyess Air Force Base, Texas, leaves the company’s paint facility in Marietta, Ga. Dyess will receive 28 C-130Js between 2010 and 2012 as part of the recapitalization of its aging C-130H1s. The C-130J will give Dyess a proven airlifter that will fly farther, faster, with more payload and much higher reliability. The first aircraft is scheduled to arrive at Dyess in the spring. (Lockheed Martin photo)

http://www.lockheedmartin.com/data/assets/aeronautics/press_photos/2010/Dyess-J-rolls-out-of-paint-hr.jpg

It may be very close.

I have not payed too much attention to the legacy fleet as all my time is currently being spent on the J procect.

The days of having back up airframes for a local Talex are gone. Most days you are sharing frames for T-1's and local TAT. I was in Col Lake on Maple Flag when 315 rolled 40000 hrs. She has since been retired though! :(

Sad day's when our trusty E models are fading.

• 6 months later...

Time to revive this thread! Anybody in Marietta willing to post some info?

I figure the next ones to come out of the shop are the KC-130J's (probably for VMGR-152) followed by some more Canadian CC-130J's. I think there might be a bit of a backlog in flight testing as there were a lot of the planes sitting by the flight test hanger for a long while, like 06-3171 (almost a month before first flight).

Looking for delivery confirmation on:

5631 168074 VMGR-152?

5632 168075 VMGR-152?

I'm tracking Canadian CC-130J deliveries on this Flickr page here, but this is the updated info I have:

5635 130603 Delayed to Sept

5636 130604 Delivered Aug 27

5637 130605 Sept

The first USAF HC-130J's are supposed to be delivered in September

5633 09-0108

5634 09-0109

My thread on the two new birds going to Dyess in October.

And yes, I've sent all I have to Bob Daley.

I figure the next ones to come out of the shop

Shop? What are you talking about? Paint, Assembly, Mod, What?

I'm tracking Canadian CC-130J deliveries on this Flickr page here, but this is the updated info I have:

You have the LM picture of the flight line shot... The Indian Herc in question is KC-3802... It was the only one(of the 3 Indian Hercs painted) that had a black radome.

Shop? What are you talking about? Paint, Assembly, Mod, What?

Assembly

You have the LM picture of the flight line shot... The Indian Herc in question is KC-3802... It was the only one(of the 3 Indian Hercs painted) that had a black radome.

Thanks! Was wondering if I'd ever solve that mystery. Bob and I were discussing the Indian aircraft, as we have both seen different pictures naming them as KC-38xx and K-38xx.

• 2 months later...

Does the 62 in the tail number mean that the 62nd AS is becoming a SOS?

No. Supposedly the last four are a sequential number for aircraft assigned tail numbers in any given fiscal year.

09-6208

The tail number was assigned in 2009 and its the 6,208th number assigned, but what don't make since to me is that's way to many aircraft for one year.

Plus I know the first two MC's are going to the 27th at Cannon AFB. (or least that's what's on the sticker on the side of the plane.)