UARRSI and nose probes on C-130

frenchnavy

Hello!

I would be very interested to know which versions of the Hercules are equipped for in-flight refueling with an UARRSI (Universal Aerial Refueling Receptacle Slipway Installation) or a nose probe.

Up to know this is what I've found:

UARRSI equipped

-MC-130E Combat Talon I

-MC-130H Combat Talon II

-MC-130P Combat Shadow

-MC-130W Combat Spears

-AC-130H Spectre

-AC-130U Spooky

-EC-130H Compass Call

-EC-130J Commando Solo

What about:

-MC-130J Super Hercules

-HC-130N

-HC-130P King

Nose Probe equipped

-Austria C-130K Hercules C.1

-Italy KC-130J

-Mexico C-130K Hercules C.1

-Mexico C-130K Hercules C.3

-UK C-130J-30 Hercules C.4

-UK C-130J Hercules C.5

-UK C-130K Hercules C.1

-UK C-130K Hercules C.3

-UK C-130K Hercules C.3A

What about:

-Australia C-130J

-Canada C-130J

-Denmark C-130J

-India C-130J

-Italy C-130J/C-130J-30

-Iraq C-130J-30

-Norway C-130J-30

-Oman C-130J-30

-Qatar C-130J

-UAE C-130J

-USAF C-130J/C-130J-30

-USMC KC-130J

Thanks a lot

Regards

-Australia C-130J- None

-Canada C-130J- None

-Denmark C-130J- None

-India C-130J- Probably will have a probe

-Italy C-130J/C-130J-30- None

-Iraq C-130J-30- UNK

-Norway C-130J-30- None, but has external tanks

-Oman C-130J-30- UNK

-Qatar C-130J- UNK

-UAE C-130J- UNK

-USAF C-130J/C-130J-30- None

-USMC KC-130J- None

-MC-130J- UARRSI

-HC-130J- UARRSI

It stands for Airborne Battlefield Command and Control Center, It was a 19,000lbs capsule that went into the back of the EC-130.

Archie

There where some EC-130's that had UARRSI installed for the Iran Hostage rescue

62-1818, 62-1825,62-1857, 62-1809 was lost at dessert one.

Archie

Just to be technically correct. UARRSI instls on the ABCCC fleet predate the Iran hostage rescue mission. About half the fleet of 7 acft had it when the embassy fell & the decision was made to do the mission. The ABCCC birds were used because of the -15s, UARRSI, & (sans the capsule) the entire cargo comp was avbl for the mission.

• 4 months later...

Curious why 62-1863 is seeing limited flight time?

Also, all J model aircraft are equipped to accept the Arpus Probe on the left fwd fuselage for inflight refuelling except for HC/MC production aircraft that are equipped with UARRSI from the factory. First 2 of those currently in production.

As Bob said, the only HC-130P that has UARRSI is an old ABCCC airframe, 62-1863. This aircraft is in a 64 model configuration now.

A total of 6 were supposed to be converted, but that didn't happen due to funding. It's a good thing too, that aircraft was AFU as far as system wiring was concerned.

Archie, you have an enviable carreer on herks. Did you start out on ABCCC and when? I was on 62-1809 in Da Nang in July of 1967. I have never heard anyone talk about the ABCCC's flying out of Da Nang in 1967 before the attack on July 15th. I have also never heard anyone talk about 62-1815 which was our backup plane and was destroyed in the same attack.

Another question for everyoe and anyone. When did they upgrade motors to the -15's?

Wil

As Bob said, the only HC-130P that has UARRSI is an old ABCCC airframe, 62-1863. This aircraft is in a 64 model configuration now.

A total of 6 were supposed to be converted, but that didn't happen due to funding. It's a good thing too, that aircraft was AFU as far as system wiring was concerned.

With all the problems they had getting her converted, I'm surprised that Frankenherk is flying at all. Poor thing.

With all the problems they had getting her converted, I'm surprised that Frankenherk is flying at all. Poor thing.

The main reason it is flying is Tim Martin. He went through all the diagrams, checked the aircraft, and found many, many problems. I minorly assisted him with this, and it was one hell of a project.

I'm so glad they didn't do all the other aircraft they were supposed to do. One klusterf*<h was enough.

BTW, I worked on Frankenherk, 64-0539, quite a bit. I prefer to call 1863 Frankentanker.

Edited by tinyclark