TAM 65 ex 55-0007

bobdaley

when i was in me and my buddys always joked around about making a c130 into a night club,lol

My friends & I used to do the same! I still think a sort of outdoor cafe on top of the wings would be a nice touch!!! I like the fluorescent overhead lights and the flowers in the cargo compartment kind of make it "homey"!

Ken

Whoa!!! I just hit 100 posts!!! I'm buying all the Taiwan Beer you can drink down at the "Dozen"

Edited by Mt.crewchief

• 2 weeks later...

On the net today were some pics taken in La Paz. Supposedly it is the missing A model we mentioned above, TAM 63 57-0481. It has been used as a disco and on this occasion was painted up as an ad for Burn an energy drink.

I'll keep looking for the three B's FAB 61 & 66 both still flying and TAM 68 61-0968 withdrawn from use.

Bob

The pictures were on Scramble, don't know who took them.

• 2 years later...

I was crew chief on this bird 68/69. We both were in the 41st TAS (374th TAW) PCS at Naha. She was a good ship and was a "black bottom" bird that rotated between Cam Rahn or Ton Son Nhut or Ubon. She was a "Blind Bat" aircraft and flew many FAC missions at night over that dangerous trail. I can write this now because she always brought me home safe.

She is a noble warbird with many combat missions to her credit. Having such a personal relationship with this aircraft, I am saddened that she now has such "indignant" duty as a restaurant and saloon. As 007 is such an old airframe, at least it can be put to some use instead of being scrapped.

If "Balls 7" could only talk.

Anyone have any pics at La Paz?

Vulcan S.

• 1 month later...