LSGI Lights

polcat

Last night prior to starting, my FE noticed that the #3 LSGI buttom had a light bulb in it and when jiggled, the button would light up. Anyone know why the LSGI buttons were lit? Nothing in the Dash 1 explains this.

the bulbs were taken out because all they did was burn ya and if you couldn't tell you were in LSGI w/o out a light you were in deep trouble

Controlled by switch in the valve housing which are set to open between 15°-17° blade angle. Lights must be illuminated when the throttles are between approximately 1 inch below flight idle and maximum reverse. The lights must be extinguished above flight idle.

On our civilian birds we use them all the time. We always back it up with our torque gauges especially when coming over the gate after landing. Trust me, those green buttons haven't melt yet, at least not in the last 20 years that I've been around our Herc's.

Controlled by switch in the valve housing which are set to open between 15°-17° blade angle. Lights must be illuminated when the throttles are between approximately 1 inch below flight idle and maximum reverse. The lights must be extinguished above flight idle.

On our civilian birds we use them all the time. We always back it up with our torque gauges especially when coming over the gate after landing. Trust me, those green buttons haven't melt yet, at least not in the last 20 years that I've been around our Herc's.

Zaherk - I think you are referring to the Beta lights

Edited by Jake

Are you sure your not thinking of Beta lights?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the same holds true, if you need a light to tell you you broke low pitch stop you're in the wrong line of work.

Yeah, except for those pilots that the "pause before bringing them over the gate" exists solely in their minds LOL

I always used to think to myself when that happened "well we will find out soon enough"!

Dan