Cck

PACAF

I arrived at CCK 1 Jun 1966, spent 3 months living in the Tokyo hotel before I got an apartment almost across the street from the Tokyo Hotel. I worked in the Control Tower at first then in the GCA unit. It was an experience working as an advisor to the CAF, had some great folks there. I think I may have met a few of you during my stay. I also worked at the Navy NCO club for a while, that was very interesting I did not marry my Chinese sweetheart while I was there BIG mistake, oh well.

I was on duty in the tower the night 7878 ran into the mountain, that was bad. Great to see the photos of CCK & Taichung as I lost almost of mine years ago.. Keep up the great site. Feel free to email if you like.. Andy:)

• 2 years later...

Here's a couple of shots of the Hsu Lun motorcycle shop in 1968. They disassembled and packed my Honda 90 so I could mail it home! Notice the custom gas tank, seat, exhaust and handle bars (and lots of chrome)!! Got back to Texas and found out it was dangerous to ride a 90cc bike in the States, so I sold it to my step-brother..

• 2 months later...