Jfk

DC10FE

It was 46 years ago today that Kennedy was assinated in Dallas, TX.

I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning, but I can remember that day like it was yesterday. I was a brand new one-striper at Langley AFB, VA and I can remember going over to the CQ's office in one of the barracks and asking about it. Those were the old open bay WW II baracks in the Shellbank area and TSgt Clevenger was the CQ.

Don R.

I was 13 and in Junior High. We had just finished gym and had showered but we weren't permitted to leave the locker room to get to our next class. After about 15 minutes of being left in the "dark" and everyone late, they made the announcement over the school Public Address system. Not a lot of conversation. Everyone in a stunned fog. Left the school for football practice around 2:30 so not sure whether they released general classes early. Glued to Walter Cronkite throughout the evening.

I was in 6th grade at James Rd School in Columbus, Ohio. They released us early and since I was on "Safety Patrol" was one of the last to walk home. We all knew it was important and sad but when you're 11/12 years old things don't always carry the importance they deserve. Remember watching the news on my Grandparents B&W tv.