Pacsub icex

jsummers72

Help. Anyone know where I might find a pic of a 17 TAS, wheeled C-130E landing out on the open ice next to a Trident Submarine ? We were about 200 nm North of Barrow. I was in the driver's seat back in the mid-80's out there & we were promised a photo from the USN photo guys there to record it. No joy. Never saw one. I forgot about it until I visited the Submarine Museum in St. Mary's, GA. last yr. (near King's Bay NSB). I've corresponded w/ all sorts of real nice swabbies, historians, bubble-heads, etc. Still no luck. Somebody has to have some pics somewhere. Happy Holidays.

Hey Jim! It's me Kurt.... I remember this op. The navy bubble-head school at New London might be able to help. Check into any type of "historian" they may have. From the years and location, I'm sure they could come up with the name of the sub......from there it will be an easy search because almost every sub/ship has an association that you can inquire with. Hope this help's!

Kurt