rudder flactuate during autopilot on

thunderturk

rudder flight control system has a problem while auto pilot on. during flight on otupilot rudder pedastal control' rudder flactuating. we did everyting for exampe rudder rigging and all compenent autopilot system checked. we havent had anything. if possible could you tell me any suggestion. aircraft model c-130b

Edited by thunderturk

We had a similar problem. We changed servos, did rigging, changed the boost pack, clean connectors and checked the wiring. In the end if I remember correctly(about 5 years ago) it was either a Yaw damper computer or a Flight computer problem. I will find out and come back to you. Did it start all of a sudden or after you changed components due to other auto pilot problems?

it doesn't have flatuation problem during manual flight, it occurs when auotpılot engaged and we can see small flactuation on pedastal control at rudder channel.

and our pılots said rudder flactuation problem sometimes occur not evertime . aircraft has flown for example 20 sorties . no reprot any problem then. again it has rudder autopılot flactuation reported.

aircraft model C-130B STILL FLYING.IT HAS BASIC AOTUPIOT SYSTEM. IT DOSENT HAVE FLIGHT COMPUTER .:(

Edited by thunderturk

• 2 months later...

Thunderturk,

As you can see by my tag, I'm new here:)......and was wondering if you've got a fix to this problem. I see it's been awhile since anyone posted on this item. We are currently working on a Mexican AF E model with the E-4 system and had the same problem. We R&R'd the servo control unit and so far so good.

Does problem fluxuate to both sides of zero rudder like it's hunting for zero point? If so, usually the rudder feedback in the amp. If it feels like the fluxuation goes to one side of zero then goes back to zero and goes back to the same side as before, check cables at servo for proper torque and tension. If that's ok, check rudder output at amp for equal drive on both sides of zero. If not, replace amp.