Stolen Valor law gets used

Dan Wilson

http://www.mydesert.com/article/20091215/NEWS0802/912150320/Man+pleads+guilty+to+impersonating+a+U.S.+Marine

bilde?Site=J1&Date=20091215&Category=NEW

And hopefully they will throw the book at this jerk, I mean look at this POS:

section?template=zoom&Site=J1&Date=20091 He's a dweeb aspiring to be a dork, I mean sheesh Star Trek nerds would look down on this idiot.

Hopefully they will give him the whole year sentence to club fed with a cell mate named Tyrone:D Or maybe just stake him out on the training range there in 29 Palms!

Dan

• 1 month later...

Maybe a 1 year tour in the areas he claims.... without pay... on the ground as a point man!

THAT SOUNDS FAIR....

On the face of it, it sounds good. But, I wouldn't want anyone who is serving with honor to have to depend on this individual.

I would much rather see him working 12 on 12 off in the laundry washing the uniforms of those who are much more fit serve.

(I'd let him have Sundays off, restricted to his room. An opportunity for some introspection might help this "gentleman".)

Edited by jetcal1
Removed man, inserted individual.

On the face of it, it sounds good. But, I wouldn't want anyone who is serving with honor to have to depend on this individual.

I would much rather see him working 12 on 12 off in the laundry washing the uniforms of those who are much more fit serve.

(I'd let him have Sundays off, restricted to his room. An opportunity for some introspection might help this "gentleman".)

No - laundry is to easy.

Send him to Iraq and give him the job of being the military's full time Shit Burner.

I remember a zit-faced E-2 going home on leave from Teh. School back in the 70's that was wearing a rather "unique" ribbon w/ a device on it. It was the Berlin Airlift ribbon with the little C-46 device on it. I asked him what it was for and he said it was awarded in private from a general for his terrific academic standards. I just had to wonder if the kid was telling the truth about some guy he met in a bar, or was a decrepid little neanderthal that needed his ass kicked.

Kurt

• 1 month later...

From yesterday's (3/6/10) Tampa Tribune:

Here's a follow-up on the a$$hole who was arrested here in Florida for faking his military history. He got convicted on 3 federal misdemeanor charges under the Stolen Valor Act. Each count carries a 1 year prison term & a $100,000 fine. No sentencing yet, but I hope the judge is an ex-Marine.

Don R.

Skip, that's IED Location Engineer. Remember, this is the kindler, gentler, more politically correct Air Force.

Tiny maybe so but it's not me in my time or now :) -- I remember when I went back thru C-130 recall in 77 "they" were going to pair me with a new female LT then when I got to class "they" decided against it -- I really don't know why :)