Medal of Honor

Dan Wilson

I was in a disscussion with someone the other day about Jason Cunningham. He was the PJ that sacrificed himself to save ten soldiers in Afghanistan back in 02; well the conversation was about the MOH and how this man deserved it if anyone did so I got to looking and man am I pissed off!!

WWI:118 MOH's earned. duration of action less than two years

WWII:464 MOH's earned, duration of action four years.

Korean War: 133 MOH's earned, duration of action 2 1/2 years

Vietnam: 246 MOH's earned, duration of "action" 14 years (total involvement over 25 years)

Desert Storm: ZERO????, duration of action less than a year

OEF/OIF:5 (two in Afghanistan and three is Iraq) total duration to date 8 1/4 years.

Look at these numbers, why the hell are our warriors getting screwed by the Democrats, Republicans and Military Command structure!!!

You cannot tell me in 8 1/2 year ONLY five people have conducted themselves above and beyond, earning the right to wear the MOH!!

Jason Cunningham himself (and his actions are WELL documented) sacrificed himself to save ten soldiers, and conducted himself in a manner that he should have the RIGHT to wear the MOH, albeit posthumously.

Since I am a lazyass, retired, crippult, do nuthin no more idjut, I am personally going to start a congressional and senate letter writing campaign to ask these people just what the hell is going on. It would help if more people would start asking these questions as well.

I am going to start with all the NM reps, state and fed, and the Governor, asking why Jason was never elevated from the AF cross to the MOH.

Just when I thought I couldn't get more disgusted with this government I find something new anim_pissed.gifanim_pissed.gifanim_pissed.gif

TFDagger.jpg

Dan

Just when I thought I couldn't get more disgusted with this government I find something new

Hence why I stopped looking at the Government. I agree he should get the MOH, but everyone is too scared of offending someone or in any way putting they're necks out for anything.

Dan

You can count me in on this. Since you and I were out there when it all went down it is a total injustice for sure. I know there are many more that deserve the MOH, but we have to start somewhere.

Dan, not sure if you remember or not, but Cunningham was also the first PJ on the scence when we planted a MC-130P in the mountains of A-Stan. Then was killed in the fire-fight for Roberts Ridge not a couple weeks later.

Gary

Yeah Gary, I would never forget the man that cut Jeff Pohl out of the airframe (literally OUT of the airframe), and kept him alive the four hours it took to do it.

Gary and anybody else that may be interested, I am going to draft my letters sometimes here in a few days, if someone wants copies to use or draft their own from let me know. It will most likely be 2 separate congressional's, you only put one issue per congressional (believe me I know :D) and while they both deal with the MOH issue, one is the General WTF issue and the other will deal specifically with Jason Cunningham.

Dan

Thought i'd do some research on Wikipedia. They have listings of MOH winners separated out by conflict. The one that came to mind was that of load A1C John Levitow. Way to bad he got fcked over by the bureaucracy and left the AF. Didn't realize that there were 19 people who received the award twice.

I just snagged all the info on Bill Pitsenbarger's MOH from the PJ's websites, it will give me a fair idea of what hoops they had to jump through for his medal.

I think I will also give the PJ's a call re. Cunningham's decoration.

Getting my research thing going and will let you guys know when I have an initial request drafted for y'all to hack and slash.

Dan

If you want to read a great story about a person that received the Medal of Honor and was the most Decorated person even more than Audie Muphy. He died last week his name was Robert Howard. Go to Google and type Robert Howard received the Medal of Honor. This is a must read story so please check it out.