MAC Purse

mooseherc

Does anybody know where I can get the replacement flight time log sheets for the MAC purse you get in Kadena. I don't get there anymore so I need another source.

Thanks.

Probably the easiest thing to do would take a sheet to kinko's or someone like that, and have it reproduced and punched out for the type of binding you need.

I got mine at Yokota command post - It is a large leather zipperred holder about 4" by 8" with two end holders for various paper notes and a middle section with binder rings (very small) for note paper and flight log pages. It has dividers and several different conversion sheets.

The "MAC Purse" is/was nothing more than a comparable version of those geeky DayTimer organizers's that you see for sale at Staple's, and other REMF supply stores. In reference to the MAC Purse, I can't help but laugh my ass off at how the "power's-that-be" want to increase our individual organizational method's, only to have a by-product of confusion by just staying with what works. Give me my flight bag, and TOLD pouch any day.

Kurt

The one I have is small. Only like 4x6 and I lost the last log sheets I had once I started tracking my flight time with palm log pro. Problem is is that if the palm pilot battery goes so does your flight log. I'm ready to go back to paper and don't want to use the big log sheets. The ones they had at Kadena were perfect.

Hummmmm!

I had a MAC purse - used it to carry a flight log, passport, shot records etc. (mostly mobility stuff) Carried the thing in the lower right leg flight suit pocket, made things easier when we walked the processing line before deployment.

Anybody remember just how fun "walking" the pre-deployment lines were? I always felt bad for the chaplin - didn't seem folks wanted to talk with him. The most dreaded part of the line was (and I'm going to maul the spelling here so if anybody can correct I'd truly appreciate it!) was the doc shop/immunization station. I can handle most "shots" but the meningococcal - - bloody hell, can truly say I hated that thing

Happy New Years Crewdogs - safe flight, smooth landings!

Bert AKA "Fleagle" or "Rowdy"

For as long as I can remember -- in the commercial world, at least -- I logged my time in "The Little Red Book." I think Scotty's sold them. I used to get mine at an aviation shop at the St. Pete/Clearwater airport. I also stuck all my licenses in it for when a Fed would jump on board for a ramp check.

Don R.

Edited by DC10FE

I used a 4X7 inch black book while flying out of CCK and all over the world(C-130Es). Loose leaf pages that I had printed up in Taichung....Kept in lower right Flight suit pocket.

What is most important guys is that you logg all the events of every flight, where, how long, full tail numbers, crew names....I keep my 40 year old log right here on my computer desk...and when on this board or on the togetherweserved board I often pull it out and refer back to those good old flying times and great troops that I served with....

After fourty years and some CRS it is great to have help remembering times, people and places. My only wish is that I did not record more of the names of folks I served with...I recognize a lot of the faces but names have long disappeared from memory.

Fly safe and stay well.

Muff

Here is a scan of a blank page of the flight logs I used to use.

If it fits your needs, take it to the kinko's or someone and have them print some out.

I will make a excell spread sheet based on this page tonight as well, need to combine the dozen odd different little books that I logged my flight info on.

Dan

Flightlogblankpage.jpg

Edited by Dan Wilson

Here is a scan of a blank page of the flight logs I used to use.

If it fits your needs, take it to the kinko's or someone and have them print some out.

I will make a excell spread sheet based on this page tonight as well, need to combine the dozen odd different little books that I logged my flight info on.

Dan

Flightlogblankpage.jpg

That is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thank you so much. Same pages I had.