MC-130P Print

Casey,

IDS stands for Infrared Detection System, what is mistakenly called a FLIR system (difference between the two is the IDS can slew around and is not fixed in a Forward position).

And yes, the scanners windows up front are missing from your print, other than that it looks pretty good, maybe missing some other stuff too but will have to wait for current humpy guys to chime in. My knowledge is several years out of date.

Gary, the only humpy's that had an IDS system when I retired, were the four MC-P's that were given to the Kommiefornia Guard Rescue squadron.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have them now, but at the time - none, you see it costs money and if it wasn't for a fighter, ACC didn't spend the money.

The cook radome and antenna (hump) normally came off in PDM but frequently they were removed and thrown in the junkpile by home station whenever there was a flaw in the radome, or when you put a dozen storks through it on the AR track in Turkey:rolleyes:

Dan

Casey,

IDS stands for Infrared Detection System, what is mistakenly called a FLIR system (difference between the two is the IDS can slew around and is not fixed in a Forward position).

And yes, the scanners windows up front are missing from your print, other than that it looks pretty good, maybe missing some other stuff too but will have to wait for current humpy guys to chime in. My knowledge is several years out of date.

Gary, the only humpy's that had an IDS system when I retired, were the four MC-P's that were given to the Kommiefornia Guard Rescue squadron.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have them now, but at the time - none, you see it costs money and if it wasn't for a fighter, ACC didn't spend the money.

The cook radome and antenna (hump) normally came off in PDM but frequently they were removed and thrown in the junkpile by home station whenever there was a flaw in the radome, or when you put a dozen storks through it on the AR track in Turkey:rolleyes:

Dan

I see.

I should have titled the thread MC-130P Print. HCP=MCP in my mind still. I will edit the thread title.

Casey,

Dan

I didn't catch that last part when I read you post before. Craig Adams and I had the pleasure of removing 993's after that incident. That plane was literaly a stinking mess (18 confirmed strikes.) I have some pictures I'll try to scan and post to the incidents gallery.