Heat Exchanger

Nc97

Has anyone seen a L8743039-1 heat exchanger installed? It is the newer Heat Exchanger and was supplied to me unpainted, (It is stainless steel). The older 85027-1 Heat Exchanger is aluminum in construction and painted with Black Wrinkle (High Heat) paint. Just wondering if anyone has seen the stainless steel version installed, or knows of a paint spec or type for the L8743039-1 exchanger.

Has anyone seen a L8743039-1 heat exchanger installed? It is the newer Heat Exchanger and was supplied to me unpainted, (It is stainless steel). The older 85027-1 Heat Exchanger is aluminum in construction and painted with Black Wrinkle (High Heat) paint. Just wondering if anyone has seen the stainless steel version installed, or knows of a paint spec or type for the L8743039-1 exchanger.

The drawing shows no requirement for paint. Why would you want to ruin a perfectly good piece of stainless steel?

Thanks Tiny, but unfortunately the drawing I am after is the weld drawing number, L8743034(-1). We have seen this drawing, but there is not enough evidence to support whether this newer style heat exchanger requires paint or not.

If it came in with no paint, then why would one assume it requires it, especially if it's CRES.

Stainless normally isn't painted since it takes a special application process. That, and it would be a dumb idea, which, well, OK, this is the USAF... I digress.

You said it yourself though, there is not enough evidence to support that it requires paint.

Quit looking at the glass as half empty, look at it the way I do, the glass is too small.

Edited by tinyclark

Tiny, you have been a great source of information for many of my questions. In my original post, I asked if anyone has seen a CRES Heat Exchanger installed. That is what lead, not just me, but many others around me to question whether the newer style Exchanger required paint. So, have you ever seen a non-painted Heat Exchanger installed?