Who knows what this is on the vert stab?

polcat

While here at IP school, we visited the FTD (where they train mx how to fix planes without taking them to the flightline). Anyway, at the flight control section, one of my classmates pointed these latches/loops on the vertical stab. We asked around, but no one knows. Any idea?

A couple of us guys at Naha hooked up a ladder one time but none of us would go all the way to the top so we took it down! We called a cherry picker instead!!! Now, where in hell did I used to store my ladder on A's and E's! I just can't place the location anymore!!!

Anybody have a pic of one in it's proper place?

Memory's going to hell on me!!!

Ken

that's what they are for and I have actually climbed one :)

Ladder. Been there, done that. F@#$ing scary!!!! Used to be a rotating beacon on top of the

fin, had to change the bulb in the absence of an electrician ........

Casey Question

I don't beleive the ladder mounts are on J's. Anyone know which aiframes had them?

B,E,H and some L382G

Edited by pjvr99

I chnged a few on the A,s with a cherry picker. The driver brought it out and said he didn't go up in it. He showed me how to use it and I went up and changed the light.

We had a latter on the A,s but didn't use it on top of the plane.

I don't remember where it was stowed.

Don't know what this is, (nav. aid?) but pretty sure it's not the ladder attach point. If memory serves, ladder attach points (there were two sets) were flush on both sides of the vertical fin. The bottom attach points were about waist high. The top points were about 1/4 from the top of the ladder. With the ladder installed it was just forward of the rudder. Don't think anyone would argue this was a crappy piece of support equipment. Someone said they changed an anti collision lite using this ladder. I tried that once, but failed, no balls. If it takes two hours to get a cherry picker, I'll wait. Some years later, however, was forced into using it repeatadly at CCK to cw with an urgent action TCTO on rudder attach point bearings. As I recall it was stowed in the 780 shop.

Don't know what this is, (nav. aid?) but pretty sure it's not the ladder attach point. If memory serves, ladder attach points (there were two sets) were flush on both sides of the vertical fin. The bottom attach points were about waist high. The top points were about 1/4 from the top of the ladder. With the ladder installed it was just forward of the rudder. Don't think anyone would argue this was a crappy piece of support equipment. Someone said they changed an anti collision lite using this ladder. I tried that once, but failed, no balls. If it takes two hours to get a cherry picker, I'll wait. Some years later, however, was forced into using it repeatadly at CCK to cw with an urgent action TCTO on rudder attach point bearings. As I recall it was stowed in the 780 shop.

A little premature articulation huh?

That's the gentleman's way of puting it. I would probably call it a "FU".

Wow, it sure didn't take long to get a reply, especially 3 pages worth! I'm very impressed. The guys in my class will be interested to hear the answer. Thanks!

polcat,

Anyone with a C-130 question, this is the place. There is info that can be found here and nowhere else. Don't care what it is someone on the site has been there done that. I'll wager no one in the sqd. knows more about those little gizmo's on the vertical fin than you.