B model 58-0755

olcatmech2

The hulk was recently moved fgrom England AFB to Ft Polk and it is being used as a ground trainer by the Army.

Bob

This old girl is in my hands down here at Ft Polk

she is has been placed in a fenced area for the airborne soldiers to use as a pre airborne platform

she is going to be re-painted back to her orginal camo pattern, and display along with some of her histroy as well

some time later this spring i will be inviting some of her old crew back to see her and she what she is doing, still supporting the troops

ill keep you all up dated as time goes by, i do have some photos of her as well as her partner in my photos

Sounds great when the Rangers are saying nice things about an old airframe. I always thought you folks have probably jumped out of so many different birds that one tail number wasn't any different than any other. Not only do you guys serve well beyond the call of duty but you make us old Air Force types proud of you too ! Big salute to you sir.

Larry

Sounds great when the Rangers are saying nice things about an old airframe. I always thought you folks have probably jumped out of so many different birds that one tail number wasn't any different than any other. Not only do you guys serve well beyond the call of duty but you make us old Air Force types proud of you too ! Big salute to you sir.

Larry

Thanks

Part of my job is getting the jumpers on the post aircraft, so i deal a lot with all the diff AF wings, I saw that old hulk along with another just siting at Alex airport being used as a storage bld for their dam lawn equipment

after talking with a few people up there i got them and moved down to the post so we could use them for training

I have alwasy learned its better to pratice on something as close to the real thing before executing the mission, So i got them old planes to use as training aides, Helps them execute a better jump

Can you post a pic of the other one 57-0528?

Thanks

Bob

Not sure if that the number on her, but both planes are in my album

I will be putting some more on in the future, while they are being re-painted

Ill check the others number, i cant remember off the top of my head for sure

• 5 months later...

Sorry for the long delay since the last post, The Army has been keeping me busy, I finally got one plane re painted gray and i am starting on the 2nd one this coming weekend

Once i get them done i am going to invite some of the old crews as well as anyone else interested to come see them

1 C130 will be painted as close to the orginal camo colors to include all markings, and the 2nd will have the more current gray color will all markings

Ill post some photos in a few days, kind of want to wait so not to give up the surprise