coffee on the herk

lorencooper

I was thinking at work today and wondering what kind of coffee they provide the crews on the herks.I manage a Starbucks and know alot about coffee and was just wondering.Please tell me it is not that Hillsboro trash the goverment provides!I can provide sample roast packages for a limited number of crews.Let me know.I would provide some of the pastry goods but i have to count that stuff and put it on a list.Anyway what kind of coffee do you crews drink?By the way I can provide vacccum coffee jugs and mugs at my discount<30%off>.Let me know and i can send out gift voucher-dude coupon things.

ancedote - My father having been serving in the AF and maintaining c130s a good portion of his life, always drank coffee. Black.

On his last visit, my sister being the "high class gotta have the most expensive everything snob" type that she is, took him to Starbucks. He arrived at my house still holding a 3/4 full tall cup. He was just sipping it. I asked him if it was too hot? He replied that he did not want to hurt my sister's feelings after she had just bought him a coffee that had tasted like it had been sitting in the tank overnight.

Anyways - I had always been under the assumption that the coffee was ordered and brewed by the in-flight kitchen peoples. Picked up and delivered. One pot water. One pot "coffee".

You just voted for Obama to become supreme leader. Congratulations.

Women dance on poles. People vote on polls. ;)

To become supreme leader? He already is the supreme leader. At least in his mind.

The Chicago White House. Think we would have been better off with Al Capone. No lawyers for our enemies. Just the business end of Thompson machine guns.

Whats with the pole I voted not sure for what.

His conduct on the old Hercules Headquarters board was, shall we say, less than desirable. Therefore, I believe, he trying to say that he has changed his ways and is asking our "legacy" members for forgiveness.

My take...His future conduct will determine if he is accepted back into the community.

I was thinking at work today and wondering what kind of coffee they provide the crews on the herks.I manage a Starbucks and know a lot about coffee and was just wondering.Please tell me it is not that Hillsboro trash the government provides!I can provide sample roast packages for a limited number of crews.Let me know.I would provide some of the pastry goods but i have to count that stuff and put it on a list.Anyway what kind of coffee do you crews drink?By the way I can provide vacuum coffee jugs and mugs at my discount<30%off>.Let me know and i can send out gift voucher-dude coupon things.

I can also handle bulk orders but need at least 48 hours notice.I know herk people are very short on patience (especially the flight engineer guys) but i will try. Please let me know. (people can get a little wacko when it comes to coffee)

I assume that you are just trying to be nice with your offers above and therefore, I will let them slide. In the future. please do not advertise on this site without my permission. Unauthorized advertisements are considered spam and as a general rule, I ban spammers. Nothing personal, just the rules.

Casey

"I assume that you are just trying to be nice with your offers above and therefore, I will let them slide. In the future. please do not advertise on this site without my permission. Unauthorized advertisements are considered spam and as a general rule, I ban spammers. Nothing personal, just the rules.

Casey "

my thoughts as well....

The first thing that comes to mind, is this guy insulted a lot of really dedicated guys here, like Chief Master SGT Sweeney. Who would have to be one of the most profesional NCO's I have had the pleasure of exchanging information with.

The board has lost a lot of good posters, who used to help all and sundry around the world.

Why should we have to tolerate people who come on this site and just insult and jerk people around.

I for one would say go away, stay away. If you ever were in a Air Force you are a disgrace to the uniform worn proudy by so many who served and often paid the ultimate price for doing so.

Clowns have their place and it is in a circus. May be your service with starbucks is an indication of your ability. My ten year old grandaughter makes a good cup and after all it is not rocket science.

A pubic apology to CMSGT Sweeney and the rest you insulted would not go astray.

Aboard, closed, checked

Col Tigwell

When spilled down the face of a Control/Display Head, coffee with cream and sugar can destroy perfectly good card boards. Left over time the concoction severely corrodes any metal contacts and microchips. Tears them up.

So when that little display screen makes a perfect coffee cup holder, and you happen to have an accident, just write it up so the techs can pull it, get it opened and cleaned up and back it in service. Save the force a couple of thousand bucks.

Funny you should mention a spill, and I don't mean to hijack a thread, but an 74 model at the 'Dorf had some coke spilled on the autopilot control box. The AP1 button was stuck down. Shortly after takeoff, the A/P engaged itself. It was pucker factor time, I am sure.

Yea, if there is a small spill, write it up.

ancedote - My father having been serving in the AF and maintaining c130s a good portion of his life, always drank coffee. Black.

On his last visit, my sister being the "high class gotta have the most expensive everything snob" type that she is, took him to Starbucks. He arrived at my house still holding a 3/4 full tall cup. He was just sipping it. I asked him if it was too hot? He replied that he did not want to hurt my sister's feelings after she had just bought him a coffee that had tasted like it had been sitting in the tank overnight.

Anyways - I had always been under the assumption that the coffee was ordered and brewed by the in-flight kitchen peoples. Picked up and delivered. One pot water. One pot "coffee".

I never found a specialty coffee that I like. Starbucks or other. I drink Folgers or Maxwell House and am completely satisfied with those. I have drank the Hills Bros and others at times. I will take any of those over Starbucks any day of the week. By the way, I have many hours with the Herc and the coffee provided by the Air Force was always fine with me.

Gary Robinson

The in-flight kitchen coffee was usually ok. Sometimes you'd get the bottom of the "perculator" after it had been sitting a while and it was not that good. I always carried a jar of Folgers instant so we could at least some fairly decent coffee. I'm a Folgers guy and I hate all that foo-foo coffee.

I was just trying to be nice by offering coffee. I do not me harm and opologise to everyone from the past!I dont like the gourmet coffee myself but this is just a job to pay the bills and get by. Talk about a weird economy, some people come thru our dive-thru 5 or 6 times a day! I dont mind, at least I am getting paid but some of those people are spending up to $20 to $30 a day for some of the werst coffee we have. Oh well. Can someone help me out with my other post about pictures of the crew deck ladder area and galley? I need them for my cut away model project. Thank you.

PLEASE be nice to me since other people treat me so mean and in-affordable!I have done nothing in the past 3.2 weeks to affend anyone.Just be nice.Thats all i ask.Im waiting to heaer from the following people that like me:

Dan Wilson

Fritz Western

Bob Daly

Scott Geiger

They are fine men and wonderfol companions!

and many others.I do have friends and am liked alot by them.Even thouw they do not list their freindship on my HerkyBirds.com profile i know a friend when i read one and they like me alot.I know Bob Woods does not want me to e-mail and Airnav is a prevert but i try to get along.Hey dudes i just try thats all.We had a problem with one of our machines today and people were like yelling at me and Tracey the store whore was yelling as well.I screamed SHUT UP and everyone just stopped and let me do my buziness!I can control myself and many ogther situateins.I am in complete control of myself and can be a very good friend.I am going to go to Mansfeld Ohio this weekend and stop in to see the squadron and there Herks!

Fortunately, it has only taken me 3.2 weeks to realize that lorencooper has nothing to contribute to this community. His comment about Airnav in the previous post was uncalled for and in the post titled "Dan Wilson," it seems evident that he is trying to stir the pot. Therfore, he has been banned.

--Casey