Long time lurker, New member

Herkloadie

Well, I'm proud to announce that the Chief approved me, and on March 1, 2010, I enlisted. :D

Been a long time coming, but what a good feeling. :) NOW, the next trial is making it through the screening at Lackland without getting reclassified! I know the odds are low, but low doesn't mean zero.

Congratulations and the best of luck in the years to come:D

Oh, Fraulein is a sir-ette:rolleyes:, not a sir!!

Dan

:eek: Oh crap...flubbed that one eh?! I guess I have to plead ignorance. I'm terribly sorry Fraulein!

As always, thank you for your support, Dan. :D

This site truly adds a whole nother plate of knowledge for my chosen career...one that would only otherwise be gained by years on the flightline. Talk about a headstart!

• 4 months later...

Well, how have you all been? Everythings pretty decent on this side of my world. Graduated from BMT on July 30 as an honor grad, and still at Lackland for Career Enlisted Aircrew (fundamentals) and BLM. They aren't kidding when they say CEA is a weeder course. The material isn't tough...just a LOT of it in very little time. Need a surplus of motivation! I look forward to completing the next couple months. Any tips/pointers to be had? Got my head in the books pretty deep over this stuff...two block test failures (84.9 or below) means an automatic discharge no questions asked. Definitely can't have that!

Hope everyone has been well!

Well, how have you all been? Everythings pretty decent on this side of my world. Graduated from BMT on July 30 as an honor grad, and still at Lackland for Career Enlisted Aircrew (fundamentals) and BLM. They aren't kidding when they say CEA is a weeder course. The material isn't tough...just a LOT of it in very little time. Need a surplus of motivation! I look forward to completing the next couple months. Any tips/pointers to be had? Got my head in the books pretty deep over this stuff...two block test failures (84.9 or below) means an automatic discharge no questions asked. Definitely can't have that!

Hope everyone has been well!

Good to hear you are doing well. Must say am not surprised. Followed your saga earlier in the year and was impressed with your resilience and acceptance of some great advice by several wise old heads on the site. Keep your head down and ears open and you'll do ok. It's normal to worry your not going to make it. Know that many troops have completed the training who were a lot less smarter and way less motivated than you. You have a long tough road ahead but anything worth while, such as becoming a loadmaster, is well worth it. Keep us apprised of your progress. And good luck.

Myers

• 2 weeks later...

Larry, thanks so much for the encouragement. It's helpful to hear that kind of motivation through a trial such as this. I guess it's the long division by hand that worries me the most...never been very good at math but I'm gonna give it all I got...too late to fail now!

Brandon, that would be awesome, but most of our class is 1A2's and 1A0's! A couple 4's but no 3's. Looking forward to BLM with nothing but loads! Haha!

Thanks for the replies! Good to hear from the Herk community on this!

Alex

Took my basic load master training at Sheppard AFB in Wichita Falls, TX. Just up the road from Lackland and alot different. It's more classroom training than basic and a different enviorment. Didn't get acutal flight training until I got to my first assignment at McChord AFB, WA. Looking back, it was the best time of my life. Wish I had made a career out of the AF instead of only 4 years. Good luck.