Command Chief Master Sergeant

CBowman

I've been a bit out of touch with all things Air Force since trading in that green ID for the blue one....hard to believe 15 years have gone by. Anyone have any insight on the Command Chief Master Sergeants? Did this replace the First Sergeant? Know this is a herk forum but thought perhaps someone more recently retired, or still active might be able to save me from Google. (I retired early T.Q.M)

Thanks much!

Please tell me there is not such animal as E-10!

No there isn't, but you cant tell that to all the e-9's.

When they should be acting like a Chief (as opposed to E-9), you know - standing up for their troops - instead they are still slurping as many rear ends as possible for some ungodly reason.

Dan

So far in my career I have only seen a few bad ones. More concerned about themselves than others.

However, I have been associated with some damn fine ones that bent over backwards for their people. One of which retired after 40 years of service and was a SEA/CCMgst. The other after 30+ years.

I don't think in my twenty plus years in the Air Force I had hardley any contact with a First Sergent. All of my time was on the flight line are flying you sure didn"t see any of them on the flight line. For years i thought they were just NCOIC of the orderly and did barraks inspections. Don't get me worng I am sure they must of had an imporant job but i never needed any help from them nor got any any.

Well maybe I just had bad luck, but in 24 years I only worked with two real Chiefs.

Just to make it worse, these two didn't play the political games BS with the Chiefs Group, were genuinely concerned with the the Mission and the People, not self promotion; their reward for dedication to the Job and not politics?

BS assignments out of the Herk to to miserable locations to try and make them retire.

One of them was Greg Bailey, and I am sure that anyone who ever dealt with him would probably agree, if anyone had earned the right to be called Chief, Greg did.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Well maybe I just had bad luck, but in 24 years I only worked with two real Chiefs.

Just to make it worse, these two didn't play the political games BS with the Chiefs Group, were genuinely concerned with the the Mission and the People, not self promotion; their reward for dedication to the Job and not politics?

BS assignments out of the Herk to to miserable locations to try and make them retire.

One of them was Greg Bailey, and I am sure that anyone who ever dealt with him would probably agree, if anyone had earned the right to be called Chief, Greg did.

Dan

Dan, I noticed you didn't include, e-9 Roddy from Germany! hehehehe